Are primers available yet at reasonable prices?

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are primers available yet at reasonable prices?

Post by admin »

Just wondering if they can be had for reasonable prices locally, yet?

knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Are primers available yet at reasonable prices?

Post by knockonit »

primers are hit and miss at most vendors, my understanding via communication on back orders my group has in, probably won't see any relief on back orders for multiple months, as mentioned some vendors are getting oneseys twosies, and prices are all over the board form 50 to 100 per 100. with small pistol being the gold std so to speak as no one seems to be getting hardly any of these.

have seen occassoinal large pistol and small rifle, and a spattering of large rifle.

last price increase we got was around 40 dugats per 1k, but suspect will be more.

good luck, gonna be a dry primer fall :shock: :confusion-waiting:
Rj
Doc

Post by Doc »

Paid $40/1k CCI Sm Rifle

Got lucky, Limit 1 box, I was w my puppy and joked that we each wanted a box. Was rewarded for my banter.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Retail prices have increased a little bit, $39 was the last I paid for 1k small rifle I was lucky to find at Bass Pro...that was 4 months ago. Just right place at the right time...happened to be walking down that aisle as they were stocking it.

Miwall didn't even bother to bring any reloading stuff to the last gun show a few weeks ago...and there was hardly any reloading stuff at all in the entire show. Least expensive primers I saw was $85, and it was always large rifle magnum....which hardly anyone needs right now. One vendor was selling small pistol primers, but it was part of a bundle; 1k processed 9mm brass, 1k bullets, 1k primers....I think he was asking $350. $0.35 per round when I have to do all the work is insane.

Ammoseek.com is still the best place to find what you are looking for...but prices are very high. It just takes time and patience.