The New Normal?

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Pale Rider
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The New Normal?

Post by Pale Rider »

Just out of curiosity, I went on 5 different online sites like Midway, Midsouth, etc a few minutes ago. Primers, nothing; powder nothing (except for a few black powder types). I mean NOTHING available. This is the WORST I've ever seen it in my over 6 decades on this f**king planet. Unless you have enough components to last the rest of your life, you're probably screwed. With all the elections rigged forever now, we'll never see another Republican President or (House or Senate majority); so good luck.

High Standard

Re: The New Normal?

Post by High Standard »

I have not had much of a problem finding powder up until now. I just checked my usual online sources and they are pretty much out of everything. So you are right it looks like powder is going to be at a premium for a while as well.

Primers are pretty much gone unless you are willing to spend $70+ per 1,000. There is one LGS here that still has a couple of boxes of LR Primers but they want $70 or $80 for them. I don’t need LR that bad.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Damn... Powder was good until a couple weeks ago. I have some but was banking on powder being available and having the other components I needed.

I dont agree that we wont see another republican and honestly could care less if we see one in the white house. Think local and vote local. So long as the house and senate go "R" I can sleep like a baby and I think we already started to see it go that direction at this last election .. until some a$$hole opened his mouth we would have had Georgia and life would have returned to "our" normal already.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I agree. Whatever ammo and components we have now are all we will ever have for the rest of our lives. The manufacturers are saying the shortage won't ease until late this year. I disagree. They may refill their supply chain by late this year, but by then, it will be illegal to buy ammo online, or buy it without a background check or special license, or buy more than 50 rounds per month, or buy it without paying a tax that makes it unaffordable. The Dems will come up with some law or laws to shut us down forever.

Any Republican running for any office at any level will be classified as a white supremacist/domestic terrorist and not allowed to post on social media, and will not be allowed to advertise on TV or radio because Hate Speech.

Terrorists will be prohibited possessors, and anybody who owns a gun will be classified as a terrorist.

Conserve what you have.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Many were waiting for Trump to somehow defeat the fraud. Now that its over and people realize the next 4 years are under siege, they finally gave in and went and started buying despite the crazy prices,...eating up what little supply there has been.

I was at Bruno's yesterday, and they have been really good at keeping stuff in stock despite the craziness. The prices have kept going up, because wherever they have been sourcing, the prices there have been climbing too. But they have at least always had powder. And they still do,...but not nearly as much or nearly the selection as just last month.

I think when I hit that MegaMillions jackpot, I'm gonna start a primer manufacturing facility,...even if it never is profitable,...just to alleviate this crap from happening in the future.
Harley66

Post by Harley66 »

Age 70, just took a look, Good to go for several years, Easy👍

Thanks Joe😜🙀
samnev

Post by samnev »

Pale Rider wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 9:23 am Just out of curiosity, I went on 5 different online sites like Midway, Midsouth, etc a few minutes ago. Primers, nothing; powder nothing (except for a few black powder types). I mean NOTHING available. This is the WORST I've ever seen it in my over 6 decades on this f**king planet. Unless you have enough components to last the rest of your life, you're probably screwed. With all the elections rigged forever now, we'll never see another Republican President or (House or Senate majority); so good luck.
I did the same search plus Natchez with the same results. At least for what my needs were.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

Even though I have everything I need, I've gotten in the habit of checking several suppliers on a daily basis. There's no powder, and no primers. Even bullets are getting scarce, and price increases on those are happening fast.

The only reloading related thing I'm doing these days is brass prep. To me components are a fairly valuable commodity, and it seems prudent to keep the bulk of it in its raw state.

I predict magazines are gonna be the next thing to start disappearing.
ChristopherRobin
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by ChristopherRobin »

I was considering selling some extra ammo and primers since the prices are so crazy, but I'm starting to reconsider since some of you guys might be right about it not getting any better or even worse. I mean, we have seen this before not too long ago and I was worried it would never get better, but it did. Of course the political climate at the time was only bad, not completely clown-world insane.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Try to find a lead furnace for casting your own bullets right now. Unobtainable!
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Suck My Glock wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:06 pm Try to find a lead furnace for casting your own bullets right now. Unobtainable!
Well that figures. My water heater blew last July and it completely swamped my Lee. Still have the little Hot Pot though if I really needed to cast.
Packer

Post by Packer »

I'm not convinced that what we are currently experiencing is the New Normal. I realize ammunition, powder and primers are almost non-existent for high demand calibers. But, there are currently no laws regarding their manufacture and sale. Surely more weapon sales have driven up significant demand and who, among longtime active shoots did not buy and store a significant quantity for the dry spell we all knew was coming? Now panic buying. Everyone wants product and will buy what ever is available without considering that others would like a bit as well. Much like toilet paper six months age. We were forced, by buying limits, to make do with small purchases and now production has recovered. If our new government, anti-gun as it is, does not intervene with illegal legislation , US and foreign ammo, powder and primer manufacturing can surely recover and outpace demand. This may take time and some will do without for possibly months unless they are willing to pay outrageous GunBroker prices. I have been around for far too many rodeos to believe the sky has to be falling. This shortage is a heck of an opportunity for the ammo and reloading component industry to make a killing and I am sure they will. Is't capitalism great?
rbt50

Post by rbt50 »

well i am 72 and i got enough to last the rest of my life.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

I had was in the area and had some time in between inspections this morning so I stopped by Cabela's to see if they had any aluminum AR mags. They must have received a large shipment of ammo because there was a line inside the store about 150 people deep. I overheard an employee shouting to everyone that there was a 5 box limit.
Bullzaye

Post by Bullzaye »

Old Jeff H wrote: February 18th, 2021, 2:26 pm I overheard an employee shouting to everyone that there was a 5 box limit.
Unless you have a Cabela's Club Card (Master Card), and then the limit is 8 boxes.