Primer auction

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
bldr60
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Primer auction

Post by bldr60 »

Most expensive primers I've seen yet. The yahoo is shipping them 2nd air.
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/889873610

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Primer auction

Post by AZ_Five56 »

That's nuts! $0.57 per primer! :shock:
Flash

Post by Flash »

Desperate people do desperate things.
tasty_chicken
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by tasty_chicken »

Wow, crazy times.
marlin39a

Post by marlin39a »

15 bids. Sold 100 primers for $57.00 and $10.00 2nd day. I thought primers had to go ground. Anyway, folks are going nuts out there.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

Good Lord. Maybe the buyer thought he was getting 1,000 - but there was 15 bids so it'd be hard to believe that many people were confused?

The description is clear, but the pics are slight deceptive. Why include a picture of the back of the sleeve?
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

At 57 cents a piece for primers then add the cost of powder and brass , not to mention time.
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to pay the 1 dollar a round people are asking for factory ammo ?
bldr60

Post by bldr60 »

marlin39a wrote: January 20th, 2021, 10:10 am 15 bids. Sold 100 primers for $57.00 and $10.00 2nd day. I thought primers had to go ground. Anyway, folks are going nuts out there.
They do have to go ground, You're also suppose to be hazmat certified and ship UPS or Fedex. No usps.
samnev

Post by samnev »

This is really getting crazy. Even if I was to sell my primers how would I replace them?
Flash

Post by Flash »

samnev wrote: January 21st, 2021, 8:03 am This is really getting crazy. Even if I was to sell my primers how would I replace them?
You couldn't replace them for the forseeable future so the smart move is to keep them.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

The problem is we don't know what "foreseeable" means. It's partly a guess that we then individually filter through our personal risk evaluation.

If you have 100k primers and you shoot 20k/year, how many years worth of primers do you feel comfortable with on hand? 2 years? 3? OK, then sell 40k primers and call it a day.

Another question is how much that money means to you? I could probably sell 5-10k primers and not loose sleep that I'll run out but if I net $100/1k primers I'd be looking at $500-1000 in my pocket. Don't get me wrong, $500 is nice but isn't going to change my life that much. So factor in the hassle of selling and I'm keeping my surplus for now for future trades. (E.g., I have plenty of LR primers right now, not so many LRM)
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

When things got nuts in 2012 I had no problem with selling off a ton of ammo and components because I knew things would go back to normal fairly soon.

I'm not willing to sell anything right now for two reasons:
1) I don't know when I'd be able to replace anything.
2) We're still pretty much at the beginning of this. Prices are going to continue to go up, so why sell now?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

In the end .. it all depends on the things you think are important.

Everyone has their vices and their pleasures. I just paid a good deal more for 1000 primers than ever before. So what .. People piss away money on all sorts of things.

Some Drink, some do drugs, some gamble, how many big A$$ EXPENSIVE pickups are owned by people that will never load more than groceries .. hell I had a buddy that could only half way ski that had a time share and ton of ski stuff he purchased so him and the missus could go once a year. Cost a small fortune.... Oh and lets not talk about my foray into boat ownership!!!!

To each there own.

I am not stocking up for the (massive Civil war) I have enough SD ammo set aside that I dont touch except to load in carry guns. I like to shot. My wife and I like to do it together. Its worth it to me to pay what I paid to increase my primer stock and keep me shooting until ... Well ???? happens

I am actually at the moment considering taking up archery. Seems there are some classes offered near by. Last time I did it was for an elective in college and I loved it. I like target things and the control needed to be good and get better ... and in the massive civil war ... I can be an archer! :)

wait .. in video games they always get killed first! :think:
smithers599

Re: Archery

Post by smithers599 »

Boriqua wrote: January 21st, 2021, 1:47 pm ...

I am actually at the moment considering taking up archery. Seems there are some classes offered near by. Last time I did it was for an elective in college and I loved it. I like target things and the control needed to be good and get better ... and in the massive civil war ... I can be an archer! :)

Boriqua

Re: Archery

Post by Boriqua »

smithers599 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 2:44 pm
Boriqua wrote: January 21st, 2021, 1:47 pm ...

Goals baby goals!! :dance:

I am pretty sure though that NO ONE on this board wants to watch me stick my booty out though .. going to have to work on a NON booty routine.