What Did You Do in the Reloading Room Today?

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Lwstarks
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What Did You Do in the Reloading Room Today?

Post by Lwstarks »

I taught someone else why he needs to reload instead of buying $1 a round 5.56

Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

Started the expansion of the calibers I'm loading. Got some used Lee 44 magnum dies in, that I purchased from a group on MeWe, along with some 44 mag and 44 special brass and a handful of projectiles. I already have some brass I've fired and a few hundred projectiles previously acquired.

Also found and ordered a Lee factory crimp die. I do need to get up to Dillon though to get another tool head, caliber change kit, and powder measure/funnel.

Amazing that dies are even hard to find now. These are a little rusty, but should clean up fine.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Since we're comparing stupid in AND around the reloading room.

Long ago, I packed up for a trip up to Show low to pop some prairie dogs. Grabbed everything I needed and me and a friend drove up. Glassed a couple large areas and found a large PD town. Unpack to get set up. I used to keep my rifles in soft cases, well I swapped one out at some point and didn't check before leaving. So there I sat with a 7mag rifle and a few hundred rounds .243.

Then it gets better. I always bring 2 guns, just in case. I pulled out my Thompson Contender super-14, scoped, in .223 and said OK all is not lost. My buddy decided to shoot XP-100 in 22-250. We watched and waited and waited after about 5 hours we got 2 shots he hit his and I hit mine.

We went into town for dinner and I stopped at the bank, I knew the president and I wanted to find out what was up. We learned the plague had wiped out all the PDs and he was surprised we even saw 2.

Oh well, one for the record books, we wiped out what might have been the last 2 remaining prairie Dogs around show low.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 26th, 2021, 10:25 am Since we're comparing stupid in AND around the reloading room.

Long ago, I packed up for a trip up to Show low to pop some prairie dogs. Grabbed everything I needed and me and a friend drove up. Glassed a couple large areas and found a large PD town. Unpack to get set up. I used to keep my rifles in soft cases, well I swapped one out at some point and didn't check before leaving. So there I sat with a 7mag rifle and a few hundred rounds .243.

Then it gets better. I always bring 2 guns, just in case. I pulled out my Thompson Contender super-14, scoped, in .223 and said OK all is not lost. My buddy decided to shoot XP-100 in 22-250. We watched and waited and waited after about 5 hours we got 2 shots he hit his and I hit mine.

We went into town for dinner and I stopped at the bank, I knew the president and I wanted to find out what was up. We learned the plague had wiped out all the PDs and he was surprised we even saw 2.

Oh well, one for the record books, we wiped out what might have been the last 2 remaining prairie Dogs around show low.
:lol:

Can you imagine? Survive the plague only to be exploded.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Narrowing down my 6.5 Creedmoor load data...short ladder test for H4350 w/ Hornady 140 ELD-X loaded up this afternoon. 41.0 - 41.8 grains.

xerts1911

Post by xerts1911 »

Man you guys are busy!
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Ran a bunch more brass through the tumbler today, using the last of my polishing compound. Gotta go get some more. Also spotted a decent offer on once-fired nickel case 9mm on Gunbroker a few days ago, and today was winning bidder on that,...so more lovelies on the way. Heavy subsonic projectiles are inbound in a couple weeks,...now I just need to secure some CFE Pistol powder.
NBC_LT

Post by NBC_LT »

Loaded up 48 30-06 tracers for the Big Sandy night shoot. Took some old M62's, charged at 47 gn IMR 4895 @ COL 3.3". This COL takes the projectile a little shy of seating the cannelure - but my Garand likes the longer COL.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 27th, 2021, 7:50 pm Ran a bunch more brass through the tumbler today, using the last of my polishing compound. Gotta go get some more. Also spotted a decent offer on once-fired nickel case 9mm on Gunbroker a few days ago, and today was winning bidder on that,...so more lovelies on the way. Heavy subsonic projectiles are inbound in a couple weeks,...now I just need to secure some CFE Pistol powder.
Nice. There are still deals to be had out there if you're lucky and patient.

I need to get around to processing my nickel 9mm. Bought a bunch I'm not even sure how long ago, and it's just been sitting in the garage.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Added some top shelves to my bench setup...I think this completes the bench, and this is it's final form.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

That's a really nice setup, man. I need more bench space like that.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

My reloading room triples as my leather working room and art making room but .. I just finished up a custom guitar strap so I am now going to load up some plated 40. Going to have to check my crimp before I get underway. I haven't loaded plated in a couple years but found them softer than the lead coated I use and of course softer than jacketed so ...
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Finally got around to digging out the bullets I've had stored in a chest in the garage. Found some things I forgot I had (.355 bullets), but also didn't find a few things I thought I did (.224 bullets). The latter is because I probably sold them all for an absurd amount on Gunbroker during one of the frenzies. :)
Packer
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Packer »

Finished loading four ICORE matches worth of 45ACP. Small pistol primers to keep them separated from my other 1911 loads. The ICORE pistol uses moon clips as the perfect method to separate SPP from LPP ammo. And lots of brass for me since most 45ACP shooters can not stand those small primers.
lostdog99

Post by lostdog99 »

Ahhhh . ..it is great to live vicariously . . . . I have been doing "honey-do's" so the wife can have the house interior re-painted. Due to ammo shortage/expense I have been using non-firing training aids and doing case prep (I HATE case prep).
Thanks for the stroll down jealousy lane . .lol