What Did You Do in the Reloading Room Today?

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

What Did You Do in the Reloading Room Today?

Post by Old Jeff H »

There's a thread like this one one of my car related message boards, so thought it might be fun to put this one here.

For the last couple of weekends I've been depriming/resizing/case gauging/cleaning the 9mm brass I have. Finished doing that with all my 40 S&W brass before I started working on this. Reckon I have about another 6-7 hours in front of the press to finish, then the gauging and cleaning.

I've also been trimming 308 with the Giraud in front of the TV. I really need to get a Roku with the remote that has a headphone jack though. Hard to hear with that trimmer going!

Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What Did You Do in the Reloading Room Today?

Post by Suck My Glock »

Been getting busy cranking out some subsonic JHP for the Banshee

Flash

Post by Flash »

Reloaded 20 Gauge, 410 bore and 9MM.
NBC_LT

Post by NBC_LT »

Cleaning my dies out of the accumulated lube and metal shavings with my new ultrasonic Christmas gift! Getting ready for another batch of .45ACP and 5.56 soon in the new year. Gotta get my ammo levels up for the Spring '21 Big Sandy.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Suck My Glock wrote: December 18th, 2020, 6:53 pm Been getting busy cranking out some subsonic JHP for the Banshee
I've been eyeing those for a while. Would really really like to have one in 40 S&W!
AZ1182 wrote: December 18th, 2020, 8:45 pm Good thread. I'm getting ready decap mostly LC 5.56 that was from me, and some random's that either a friend trade for my pile of 45 SP that I found and didn't want, or were found in the pits while using those spots.

It's the weekend so I'll most likely end up rotary tumbling shiny clean so I can inspect afterwards and cull what needs to be pulled. Then trim on the Giraud, and separate. Ordered more 77 SMK's from Powder Valley.
I have a shipment of LC 5.56 brass coming today. Hoping it's not part of that lot that has loose primer pockets. Found out about those the hard way after I had them converted to 300 BO and went to start loading them. :cry:
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

Lets see, yesterday:

Sized and deprimed several hundred 223 cases.

Loaded up 200 rounds of 300BLK using 125gr Sierra JHP over 16.8gr of Winchester 296.

Loaded up 200 rounds of 223 using 55gr Berry's JBT over 26.5gr of Varget.

Today:

Formed 200 pieces of 223 brass into 300BLK, then cut said cases down with mini-chop saw to 1.37x and waiting on trim. Yes, I form them first. Saw a guy on YouTube do it and with the Tri-Way trimmer that chamfers and deburrs in one, this saves a lot of time. Stupid USPS is sitting on my trimmer in a distro center here in Phoenix for at least two days now. Since it's now Saturday, I won't see it until Monday at the earliest.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well, re arranged a whole lotta stock to get an inventory, put a different press on bench, cussed out a few things, that i couldn't find, because the gremlin moved them, damm radio was having reception issues, did the 100 primer pick up when my nimble fingers dropped the primer tray on a flip. SO, i went inside, poured some grape juice, put my feet up and yarned for yesteryear, when all my friends would come over and fight to reload ammo. alas, i pretty much have outlived the suckas, lucky me,

tomorrow, gonna give it the old Rj effort and not give up till 1k of the pretty little golden 9mm gallant bullets fall into an ammo can or two.
Happy saturday, just glad to be herer
Rj
Pipedoc

Post by Pipedoc »

Sorted through a bunch of brass, even listed a little lol.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

I did the first tumble on the "all LC" brass I recently bought and started sorting it. Within the first hundred, I've found 10 different head stamps. :lol:

Oh well. I should have replenished my 223 brass quite a while before now.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

About to make a Home Depot lumber run so I can start building my reloading/work bench setup. 5' L-shaped with bottom and top shelves. Finally get to use my Kreg Pocket Hole Jig...exciting!

Of course, pics will be posted when completed. I have the next two weeks off so I can completely re-organize my gun room.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

QuietM4 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 2:34 pm About to make a Home Depot lumber run so I can start building my reloading/work bench setup. 5' L-shaped with bottom and top shelves. Finally get to use my Kreg Pocket Hole Jig...exciting!

Of course, pics will be posted when completed. I have the next two weeks off so I can completely re-organize my gun room.
I'm excited for you. Desperately need to re-organize and inventory my stuff (it's spread across two bedrooms and the garage), but I'm moving in May and not feeling motivated enough to do it twice.

I did manage to mostly inventory my primers last night, but still have two ammo cans to do. Which has my scratching my head as to why the hell I have so many LPs. I've never loaded anything that takes LP, and have only briefly owned any firearms that would use them. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the post remodel pics!
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

USPS finally delivered my Giraud Tri-Way Trimmer for my 300 Blackout. Finished up conversion of 300 pieces of brass, ready to reload in the next day or two.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I don't have a reloading room , so I just swept the floor in my shop.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

we did some un reloading today, two daughters and old gal, spent the bulk of day, throwing that reloading shiat away down range, hehehe, they had a blast so to speak, a xmas smile.
Rj
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

Loaded 200 rounds of 125gr JHP for 300BLK. Have 10 projectiles left, but I think I'll start my 135gr Sierra projectiles in the next couple days. Planning on some 9mm soon too.