25 ACP Out Of Stock Everywhere

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
samnev
ArizonaShooting.org Member

25 ACP Out Of Stock Everywhere

Post by samnev »

Well almost everywhere. I know there are severe shortage of the most popular types of ammo like 9mm, 556 and others. But I tried to find the 25 ACP. No luck any where. I tried several local shops, no dice. Then tried Midway, Natchez and Graff and Son's all out of stock. The only place that had it was J&G and wanted IIRC $34.95 for a box of 50 FMJ rounds plus shipping. Not making any purchase from them.

h8pvmnt

Re: 25 ACP Out Of Stock Everywhere

Post by h8pvmnt »

They probably manufacture 1 box of 25 acp for every 10,000 boxes of 9mm or more. I have a Baby Browning and always keep a box or 2 of 25 ACP around but never shoot it. 25 ACP has always been expensive. Ventura Ammunitions has S&B in Stock 25.00 a box
https://www.venturamunitions.com/catego ... -sale.html
It is kind of funny as i know hardly anyone that shoots carries or does anything with 25 ACP lol.
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

You know it is getting bad when moon calibers are out of stock.

I wonder if Sig 357 is still on the shelves. I bought a police surplus Glock 32 for times like these.
samnev

Post by samnev »

h8pvmnt wrote: December 18th, 2020, 9:10 am They probably manufacture 1 box of 25 acp for every 10,000 boxes of 9mm or more. I have a Baby Browning and always keep a box or 2 of 25 ACP around but never shoot it. 25 ACP has always been expensive. Ventura Ammunitions has S&B in Stock 25.00 a box
https://www.venturamunitions.com/catego ... -sale.html
It is kind of funny as i know hardly anyone that shoots carries or does anything with 25 ACP lol.
Thanks for the link. You're right I only shoot my 25 ACP Mauser pocket pistol a few rounds every year just to see if it's functiong properly. It's very accurate to 10 yards. By the way J&G is selling the same S&B for $35. Guess that's why the call them Jip & Gouge. I'll order some after the holidays. Right now I have a package that was supposed to be delivered buy Priority Mail on the 12th and still is in nowhere land. :angry-cussingblack:

Just checked with them and unfortunately neither is available for shipment when click on the item. :crying-blue:
Hammer 35

Post by Hammer 35 »

The problem is since it's a niche cartridge it'll get restocked last. If they're selling only a few boxes of that and every box of 9mm and 5.56 they can make, they'll wait until the 9mm and 5.56 start backing up on shelves before they run more 25acp.

But enough for a few years now while you can to get you through.
samnev

Post by samnev »

The big problem is I don't have any 25ACP at all.Some how when I moved to surprise the 25ACP disappeared along with my 556 Dillon trim die.
Intel6

Post by Intel6 »

I just loaded up a few hundred rounds of .25 ACP last month. I hadn't loaded it in years but decided to since I had all the components and that amount will last a long time. I shoot it in my HK4 which has conversions for .22LR/.25 ACP/.32 ACP/.380 AUTO. I usually shoot it in .32 with my Walther PP but decided to install the .25 ACP barrel and shoot some .25 ACP Also.

HK4.jpg
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

I have a Colt 1908 vest pocket pistol that was my grandfathers. I shoot it every once in a while and maybe only have a box or two on hand at any time. Its not something I want to stack deep but nice to have a couple boxes to fire the old girl once in a while.
RJS

Post by RJS »

samnev wrote: December 21st, 2020, 7:08 am The big problem is I don't have any 25ACP at all.Some how when I moved to surprise the 25ACP disappeared along with my 556 Dillon trim die.
I have 3 boxes of PPU 50 gr FMJ you can have for $50
I'm in W Phoenix
samnev

Post by samnev »

RJS wrote: December 21st, 2020, 9:43 pm
samnev wrote: December 21st, 2020, 7:08 am The big problem is I don't have any 25ACP at all.Some how when I moved to surprise the 25ACP disappeared along with my 556 Dillon trim die.
I'm in W Phoenix
Email and PM sent.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

Nobody remembers? .25, .32, and .380 have always been more expensive than 9mm just because of the lack of buyers.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Intel6 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 8:00 am I just loaded up a few hundred rounds of .25 ACP last month. I hadn't loaded it in years but decided to since I had all the components and that amount will last a long time. I shoot it in my HK4 which has conversions for .22LR/.25 ACP/.32 ACP/.380 AUTO. I usually shoot it in .32 with my Walther PP but decided to install the .25 ACP barrel and shoot some .25 ACP Also.

HK4.jpg
That's a really nice setup being able to switch to all those calibers :D . I'm really jealous.
samnev

Post by samnev »

RJS wrote: December 21st, 2020, 9:43 pm
I'm in W Phoenix
RJS aka Bob is a really great guy to deal with. Because of medical problems in the family I could only travel short distance by car. Bob was very gracious and offered to meet us very close to my residence. The ammo was as described and he was spot on at our place to meet. The buy could not have gone any better. If you ever have a chance to deal with him do so in the utmost condidence. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D