Small pistol primers in stock at Bruno's now

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Small pistol primers in stock at Bruno's now

Post by YNOTAZ »

Seems to be a simple business problem, same as when gas prices go up because oil went up. I guess if one has never owned or run a business they might not understand.

TheJediknight

Post by TheJediknight »

If I was there I would buy some.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

delta6 wrote: December 11th, 2020, 3:38 pm
TheAccountant wrote: December 10th, 2020, 7:00 pm Bruno's is part of the problem. I was in there a couple months ago and made a comment about the primer prices (at the time they had large pistol and large rifle for about $50/k). The gal behind the counter said the prices are high because they're having to buy them from their competitors. Basically buying out stock at places that aren't sticking it to us and then turning around and sticking it to us. I put the few boxes of bullets back on the shelf and walked out. They did the same garbage during Sandy Hook. As much as I like supporting local shops, that's one I'll never step foot in again. It's nothing but artificial demand that's artificially pushing the prices higher.
Obviously "The Accountant" is one who doesn't understand business. Maybe you should take a business accounting class. Maybe understand purchase accounting. At this point it has nothing to do with "gouging". It has to do with market value and has nothing to do with whether you/me/anyone thinks it is artificial or not.
I understand business plenty well. What you and the not-so-bright-Flash don't seem to understand is that we don't have a laissez-faire market and what they're doing is manipulating the market. If you're having a hard time seeing that, maybe you're the one that should go back to school.

I personally have plenty of everything I need to last a long enough, so what they're charging for primers doesn't have a direct impact on me now. My point, which I think you would have gotten if you didn't start immediately blabbering "supply and demand," was that I don't have any desire to support a local shop that feels the need to go compete against local shooters in the marketplace, resulting in higher prices to the ultimate consumer. I get they can do it, but there are plenty of things ethical businesses can do, but don't.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Manipulating the market? Let me stop laughing. You'd have to have control of the majority of the primers on the market in order to manipulate it.

Bunky Hunt found that out the hard way when he tried to corner the market on Silver years ago. Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.