Small pistol primers in stock at Bruno's now

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Small pistol primers in stock at Bruno's now

Post by Suck My Glock »

Federal standard $80 per 1000
Federal match $85 per 1000

Limit 2000 per customer

Just went on the shelf as I arrived 15 minutes ago.

Hammer 35

Re: Small pistol primers in stock at Bruno's now

Post by Hammer 35 »

Oof.

Well, at least it's in stock.

I picked up about 10k of S&B primers when I saw them at Cabelas about 2 years ago just to hedge my bets. Thank goodness.
NBC_LT

Post by NBC_LT »

UNAMMO posted small pistol primers for $250/5k today as well.
Last edited by NBC_LT on December 12th, 2020, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

And I remember being perturbed when the price crept up above $30 per 1,000. :lol:
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Bruno's is part of the problem. I was in there a couple months ago and made a comment about the primer prices (at the time they had large pistol and large rifle for about $50/k). The gal behind the counter said the prices are high because they're having to buy them from their competitors. Basically buying out stock at places that aren't sticking it to us and then turning around and sticking it to us. I put the few boxes of bullets back on the shelf and walked out. They did the same garbage during Sandy Hook. As much as I like supporting local shops, that's one I'll never step foot in again. It's nothing but artificial demand that's artificially pushing the prices higher.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I tried to post these pictures earlier from my phone, but the photos were too large so it wouldn't take. Now that I'm home at the laptop, I can reduce them.
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

NBC_LT wrote: December 10th, 2020, 6:15 pm UNAMMO posted small pistol primers for $250/k today as well.
Talk about a price gouge!!!!!
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

TheAccountant wrote: December 10th, 2020, 7:00 pm Bruno's is part of the problem. I was in there a couple months ago and made a comment about the primer prices (at the time they had large pistol and large rifle for about $50/k). The gal behind the counter said the prices are high because they're having to buy them from their competitors. Basically buying out stock at places that aren't sticking it to us and then turning around and sticking it to us. I put the few boxes of bullets back on the shelf and walked out. They did the same garbage during Sandy Hook. As much as I like supporting local shops, that's one I'll never step foot in again. It's nothing but artificial demand that's artificially pushing the prices higher.
Well, $50 is better than $250/k at UNAMMO.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Prob a good time to invest in a time machine.
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

Nothing I haven't seen before in other places. After Sandyhook the $100 PMAGs were the best.
The one thing I will say about Bruno's is that at least he saves stuff for the locals and will sell it to them first. At an inflated price? Yeah, but better than having to scour the internet for the same thing at 2x the price and HAZMAT shipping.
Guarantee those of you that didn't learn about brass and projectiles after Sandyhook will learn about primers and powder after this. You'll buy cheap and stack deep and next time this happens, you'll sit back and think, "Rookies. You'll learn.".
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well said: Psciopio03, again planning when times are good, heres hoping the drought ends sooner than later.
Rj
Flash

Post by Flash »

The first primer shortage occurred when Slick Willie got elected President the first time.

A year later, I got 20K of primers for christmas along with other things. Mrs. Flash is a prepper from way back.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Flash wrote: December 11th, 2020, 10:00 am The first primer shortage occurred when Slick Willie got elected President the first time.

A year later, I got 20K of primers for christmas along with other things. Mrs. Flash is a prepper from way back.
I didn't start reloading until summer of 2008, so I didn't learn my lesson until Obama got elected. Lesson was definitely learned though.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

TheAccountant wrote: December 10th, 2020, 7:00 pm Bruno's is part of the problem. I was in there a couple months ago and made a comment about the primer prices (at the time they had large pistol and large rifle for about $50/k). The gal behind the counter said the prices are high because they're having to buy them from their competitors. Basically buying out stock at places that aren't sticking it to us and then turning around and sticking it to us. I put the few boxes of bullets back on the shelf and walked out. They did the same garbage during Sandy Hook. As much as I like supporting local shops, that's one I'll never step foot in again. It's nothing but artificial demand that's artificially pushing the prices higher.
Obviously "The Accountant" is one who doesn't understand business. Maybe you should take a business accounting class. Maybe understand purchase accounting. At this point it has nothing to do with "gouging". It has to do with market value and has nothing to do with whether you/me/anyone thinks it is artificial or not.
Flash

Post by Flash »

It is odd, an accountant who doesn't understand Economics 101, supply and demand.

Probably just a screen name with nothing behind it.