Recommendation for AR9 suppressor

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
sharp
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Recommendation for AR9 suppressor

Post by sharp »

Hi, I'm starting a 9mm AR build, and I want a suppressor that can double as a pistol suppressor. What are some good options in your experience that work well with either platform? The current pistol is a G19. Thanks!

SupahG33K

Re: Recommendation for AR9 suppressor

Post by SupahG33K »

I bought an Obsidian .45 for the modularity and to be used on multiple hosts. Here it is attached to my four inch 9mm upper using a 3 lug mount and my Shield for size comparison (I didn't have a banana...sorry). I honestly can't say enough good things about the Obsidian...though it's not the cheapest can out there, I'm more than happy with what I've gotten for the money.
Attachments
CollapsedSizeComp_rs.jpg
sharp

Post by sharp »

SupahG33K wrote: January 5th, 2020, 9:45 pm I bought an Obsidian .45 for the modularity and to be used on multiple hosts. Here it is attached to my four inch 9mm upper using a 3 lug mount and my Shield for size comparison (I didn't have a banana...sorry). I honestly can't say enough good things about the Obsidian...though it's not the cheapest can out there, I'm more than happy with what I've gotten for the money.
Thanks!
GunSmoke

Post by GunSmoke »

I’m looking to do something similar with my ar9, but using an octane. What handguard is that? Great looking build!

SupahG33K wrote: January 5th, 2020, 9:45 pm I bought an Obsidian .45 for the modularity and to be used on multiple hosts. Here it is attached to my four inch 9mm upper using a 3 lug mount and my Shield for size comparison (I didn't have a banana...sorry). I honestly can't say enough good things about the Obsidian...though it's not the cheapest can out there, I'm more than happy with what I've gotten for the money.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Just bought an Obsidian 45 from Mr Silencer.

I was torn between the 9mm or the 45acp version for a little bit, but ended up with the 45 just in case I have the need to suppress a larger caliber down the road. The Obsidian 45 is very effective on 9mm also, especially since it has the ability to replace the end cap with a 9mm version instead of the 45 version. Same diameter as the 9mm can also....so it wasn't a difficult choice for me.