Looking for input on a 7.62 suppressor

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
bill_o_rights
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Looking for input on a 7.62 suppressor

Post by bill_o_rights »

I'm looking at putting a suppressor on my POF, I know Surefire has a good reputation but also pricey. Any input is appreciated.

QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Looking for input on a 7.62 suppressor

Post by QuietM4 »

Suppressor tech has come a long way since Surefire got in the game...there are many other options available at less cost.

If you are looking for the most accuracy, go with direct thread. Since you say it's for a POF, I would look at a "fast-attach" mount. SilencerCo Omega, Dead Air Sandman...tons of other choices, most depend on your budget.

I own a first-gen Surefire 556 can, and it's been a great suppressor. Also own an AAC 762SD, which has also been a good can.

I would look for the suppressor that covers the most variety of calibers...the ability to move the suppressor to another host easily is a must.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Mr. Silencer has a new shop in Mesa (he bought out Area 15). He generally has the best prices.

Oh, and I hope you have patience...Form 4's are taking at 8-14 months right now.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I like the YHM phantom. It is Machinegun rated so no worry about overheating, the 7.62 version with a QD mount, is also rated for short barrels, and because of it’s volume it works great on a 5.56 also. If you want light weight you can pay extra and get the titanium model.

I use mine on 7.62, 6.8SPC, 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 blackout, 5.56, and 22lr.
Matwell

Post by Matwell »

Ditto on the YHM Phantom.
I have a .30 cal in Stainless (That I actually got from Mr. Silencer a few years a go). The thing is build like a TANK! Although as stainless it's a bit heavy, but it will outlast me by far! Also if you do want QD mount, YHM has the best QD on the market by far IMO.

Either way, go look at Bruce's store (Mr Silencer), he'll steer you in the right direction!
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

Thunder Beast Ultra 7 would be great on any gas gun. You could go Ultra 5 but I think quieter is better. TBAC makes the awesome cans and their service is the best in the business.
bill_o_rights

Post by bill_o_rights »

Great input! You all have given me several great options to look at and a place to start. Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts.
Torsf_az

Post by Torsf_az »

Anything that can use dead-air mount system...it seems to give you the widest variety of compatibility. Sandman's sound great, but Vox, some of the silencerco and a few other brands can be adapted to use it.
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

I'm sure you already have something in mind or payment on, but like what others said tons of options out there now days. The suppressor industry came a long ways now with tons of new manufactures out there. From budget to higher end titanium lightweight etc. I opted for the YHM due to the QD flash hider/brake options. I have the older Phantom .30 and the Turbo 5.56. So having multiple ARs and even bolt actions i just purchased a bunch of QD mounts in 1/2x28 and 5/8 so can swap the cans around different rifles. I stuck with YHM again for 22lr but thats direct thread and went with Thompson Machine for my pistol cans
Viperdisorder

Post by Viperdisorder »

I have several rugged devices, they work great, they are modular so you can adjust their size