Undoing an SBR?

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
javelinadave
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Undoing an SBR?

Post by javelinadave »

I have two Vector Arms Uzis that are SBR'ed, one on a F1 and one on a F4. Am I reading the law correctly that I can send the ATF a letter asking them to remove them from their rolls, install the 16" barrels and sell them outright as rifles? Anybody ever do this? Any potential pitfalls?

Thanks,
Dave

delta6

Re: Undoing an SBR?

Post by delta6 »

Yes u can. No law that says you need to notify the ATF. The law says that a SBR is only a SBR.. when it meets the criteria of a SBR. Change the barrel to 16" and your good to go.. sell em.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I'd send a letter requesting they be removed from the registry, but you are not legally required to do so...more of a CYA thing.

If it doesn't have a barrel shorter than 16", it isn't an SBR....sell away.
javelinadave

Post by javelinadave »

Great, Thanks!
thom

Post by thom »

I had a RONI sbr a while back. Connected to a Glock 21. The 21 serial number was registered as an SBR. I wanted to sell the glock and to do that I was told by the NFA to send them as letter notifying them about the pistol sale only. Just my CYA. Then I sold the pistol.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

thom wrote: July 12th, 2019, 4:35 pm I had a RONI sbr a while back. Connected to a Glock 21. The 21 serial number was registered as an SBR. I wanted to sell the glock and to do that I was told by the NFA to send them as letter notifying them about the pistol sale only. Just my CYA. Then I sold the pistol.
The Feds will say anything and do... bump stocks, overall length on pistols with folding braces... those are their opinions... there is nothing in the regs that says that you have to notify them.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

I don't care what anyone here says. If you had it SBR'ed that means you sent them money and did paper work with your serial number on it. If for some stupid reason they ever wanted to come to your house and see the SBR and paperwork and you dont have it , I bet your fu#ked and whoever you sold it to ever had it taken away from them and had the numbers run I bet your going to be fu#cked. You put papers to them you get them off the paper trail. Send ATFE a letter or go down to industry ops here in Phoenix give them whatever they need to get the SBR away from the serial number. I just saying clear your self from that cluster fu$k before you become part of it.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Mount Olympus opened and Ranger Danger erupted to spew forth:
17-21-23 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 2:33 pm I don't care what anyone here says.
Naturally he was carrying his FFL-7 and C2-SOT scrolls, Wrapped in ITAR, in the belt of his toga to attest to his understanding above all others.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

17-21-23 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 2:33 pm I don't care what anyone here says. If you had it SBR'ed that means you sent them money and did paper work with your serial number on it. If for some stupid reason they ever wanted to come to your house and see the SBR and paperwork and you dont have it , I bet your fu#ked and whoever you sold it to ever had it taken away from them and had the numbers run I bet your going to be fu#cked. You put papers to them you get them off the paper trail. Send ATFE a letter or go down to industry ops here in Phoenix give them whatever they need to get the SBR away from the serial number. I just saying clear your self from that cluster fu$k before you become part of it.
You have no idea how the NFA works, or even understand the basics of the 4th amendment. Congratulations.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

17-21-23 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 2:33 pm I don't care what anyone here says. If you had it SBR'ed that means you sent them money and did paper work with your serial number on it. If for some stupid reason they ever wanted to come to your house and see the SBR and paperwork and you dont have it , I bet your fu#ked and whoever you sold it to ever had it taken away from them and had the numbers run I bet your going to be fu#cked. You put papers to them you get them off the paper trail. Send ATFE a letter or go down to industry ops here in Phoenix give them whatever they need to get the SBR away from the serial number. I just saying clear your self from that cluster fu$k before you become part of it.
As a SOT, when you have an inspection and they ask about a SBR in your A&D book and you show them an " AR" and it has a 16" barrel they just move on. 17-21-23 you are so full of it, it goes beyond the average granite rock's comprehension. If you want to spread lies, please go to another site.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Tim McBride wrote: July 16th, 2019, 6:07 pm
You have no idea how the NFA works, or even understand the basics of the 4th amendment. Congratulations.
+1 Tim... this guy is a TROLL.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

That's cool you guys like playing with ATFE? Go right ahead. You are all full of it . You have no idea how they can make your like a living hell. They might do it by accident because they dont all know all their own rules but hey Mc Bride I'm sure you have some friends in high places that will help you out when you step in it. Hell roll the dice you don't know what you dont know. That's right you all know everything.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

delta6 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 7:51 pm
+1 Tim... this guy is a TROLL.
I do more than you.......once it's a SBR, that's it no going back. If you think putting a longer barrel on it will change things your lieing to everyone here. Even you cops don't know what you are talking about. Now maybe if you cleared it with ATFE but I doubt it. Once you papered it it's done. But hey for all you guys that think.you know, I will contact Industry ops this morning and get the real 411 on this.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

You most cops know what to look for? 16", next...

Ha
Haha
Hahahahaha
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

That's funny. Here's one for you. So Homeland security stops by a friends house. Wants to know why my friend was talking to a certain person they were watching. He invites them into his home to put them at ease. Has them sit down, answers their questions and then they want to see all his class 3 weapons. They had paper work in front of them tell them what he had. He said sure he showed them, they left. They followed him for 5 days untill he called their bosses and stopped it. Yah. I would say they can do what ever they want. O and cops just looking for a 16inch barrel. Ha ha ha. Roll the dice. If they run the number they will find out.