Undoing an SBR?

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Undoing an SBR?

Post by XJThrottle »

If cops are in my safe "running numbers". I've got bigger problems.

Their minds will probably be blown that the suppressors on them are "homemade" and 100% legal too.

XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

If I put a 16" barrel on one of my SBRs, and send my GF out to shoot with her friends is she breaking the law?

No. She isn't in possession on of a SBR.

This one might get her in some hot water though...
Attachments
22lrsbr.jpg
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Ok just got off the phone with ATFE industry ops here in Phoenix. There number is 602 776 5400. Option 1. If you no longer want your weapon SBR'ed then you have to send ATFE a letter saying you want it off the register. If not just putting a 16 inch barrel in it to sell it as a regular rifle u r in violation. Also just for your information. If you have a SBR the paper work needs to be with you and if someone else is shooting it you need to be with it. If you gave your SBR'ed lower or what ever has the serial number on it to someone else to shoot and you are not with it or in the area with it to claim it as yours if someone questioned it you are in violation. You guys say your knowledgable about guns laws need to start reading up on them. I would take it seriously. Otherwise what you dont know will land you in jail , even if your law enforcement.
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by YNOTAZ »

17-21-23 wrote: July 17th, 2019, 8:22 am Ok just got off the phone with ATFE industry ops here in Phoenix. There number is 602 776 5400. Option 1. If you no longer want your weapon SBR'ed then you have to send ATFE a letter saying you want it off the register. If not just putting a 16 inch barrel in it to sell it as a regular rifle u r in violation. Also just for your information. If you have a SBR the paper work needs to be with you and if someone else is shooting it you need to be with it. If you gave your SBR'ed lower or what ever has the serial number on it to someone else to shoot and you are not with it or in the area with it to claim it as yours if someone questioned it you are in violation. You guys say your knowledgable about guns laws need to start reading up on them. I would take it seriously. Otherwise what you dont know will land you in jail , even if your law enforcement.
Law enforcement at all levels are allowed to lie to you and as a matter of fact they are trained to do so.

I don’t care that you know acronyms like IOI and you know a phone number or that you say you spoke to someone. You didn’t give the person’s name and you offer no evidence of anything.

Perhaps reading comprehension will work:

This is a quote from a real law firm:

Accordingly, the law concerns itself with barrel length being under 16″ for a rifle and under 18″ for a shotgun or an overall length under 26″ for either a rifle or shotgun. Once registered as a SBR or SBS, the actual length is somewhat immaterial, as it has already been registered, as required by law, as an SBR or SBS. Furthermore, the ATF has previously issued a determination that an individual may turn an SBR or SBS back into a normal Title I gun, without need for notifying the ATF. Hence, after registering a SBR or SBS, you may change the barrel length to some other length still constituting an SBR/SBS, such as changing it from a 14.5″ barrel to an 11.5″ barrel, without violating the law and you may lawfully change the barrel length making it no longer an NFA firearm, such as changing it from a 14.5″ barrel to a 20″ barrel, without violating the law.

Here is a link:
https://blog.princelaw.com/2012/12/13/c ... un-sbrsbs/

From the Chief of the ATF Firearms Technology Branch

Link to signed ATF letter:

http://www.unisolv.com/Misc/title-ii-as-a-title-1.pdf

Final analysis:

Ranger Danger,

It's been fun, have a great Wednesday.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

YNOTAZ wrote: July 17th, 2019, 11:12 am
17-21-23 wrote: July 17th, 2019, 8:22 am Ok just got off the phone with ATFE industry ops here in Phoenix. There number is 602 776 5400. Option 1. If you no longer want your weapon SBR'ed then you have to send ATFE a letter saying you want it off the register. If not just putting a 16 inch barrel in it to sell it as a regular rifle u r in violation. Also just for your information. If you have a SBR the paper work needs to be with you and if someone else is shooting it you need to be with it. If you gave your SBR'ed lower or what ever has the serial number on it to someone else to shoot and you are not with it or in the area with it to claim it as yours if someone questioned it you are in violation. You guys say your knowledgable about guns laws need to start reading up on them. I would take it seriously. Otherwise what you dont know will land you in jail , even if your law enforcement.
Law enforcement at all levels are allowed to lie to you and as a matter of fact they are trained to do so.

I don’t care that you know acronyms like IOI and you know a phone number or that you say you spoke to someone. You didn’t give the person’s name and you offer no evidence of anything.

Accordingly, the law concerns itself with barrel length being under 16″ for a rifle and under 18″ for a shotgun or an overall length under 26″ for either a rifle or shotgun. Once registered as a SBR or SBS, the actual length is somewhat immaterial, as it has already been registered, as required by law, as an SBR or SBS. Furthermore, the ATF has previously issued a determination that an individual may turn an SBR or SBS back into a normal Title I gun, without need for notifying the ATF. Hence, after registering a SBR or SBS, you may change the barrel length to some other length still constituting an SBR/SBS, such as changing it from a 14.5″ barrel to an 11.5″ barrel, without violating the law and you may lawfully change the barrel length making it no longer an NFA firearm, such as changing it from a 14.5″ barrel to a 20″ barrel, without violating the law.

Here is a link:

Final analysis:

Ranger Danger,

Your right. If you own it yes what ever length you want after a SBR . But here is where you made a big mistake, you dont read well do you. The OP wants to sell them out right. Yah do you read well ,not really. You need to learn... so if it is SBR'ed and want to sell you must get it off the registry before selling it as a regular firearm. Otherwise it's going to take a transfer. What is it with you old not knowing, not reading, not using the phone people. You dumba$$ people and you know who you are. Everyone here, do not listen to this sh!t call ATFE and ask questions. Do not rely on anything these guys say. It's there opinion not fact.

O I read your ATFE paper work. Where in the hell does it say you can just change the barrel back to 16 inches for sale as a standard rifle with out transfer of SBR lower. It doesn't, does it? Dumba$$ people. When it's in your possession you can do what ever you want. When you sell you have to follow certain rules. You have to start making your own grill cheese sandwiches. I believe your mother needs a break.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Whatever medications you are on, it isn't enough. Stop worrying about what other people do; it doesn't involve you.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

If it became a Title I firearm allowing you to transport it across state lines it is a title I firearm period.

You talk a lot so post the rule, regulation, code, statute, ATF ruling, anything other than your hearsay crap from an undisclosed source who gave you a snow job.

Maybe you have to abide by the voices but other don't.

Happy Wednesday.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

17-21-23 wrote: July 17th, 2019, 12:38 pm
YNOTAZ wrote: July 17th, 2019, 11:12 am

Here is a link:

Final analysis:

Ranger Danger,

Your right. If you own it yes what ever length you want after a SBR . But here is where you made a big mistake, you dont read well do you. The OP wants to sell them out right. Yah do you read well ,not really. You need to learn... so if it is SBR'ed and want to sell you must get it off the registry before selling it as a regular firearm. Otherwise it's going to take a transfer. What is it with you old not knowing, not reading, not using the phone people. You dumba$$ people and you know who you are. Everyone here, do not listen to this sh!t call ATFE and ask questions. Do not rely on anything these guys say. It's there opinion not fact.

O I read your ATFE paper work. Where in the hell does it say you can just change the barrel back to 16 inches for sale as a standard rifle with out transfer of SBR lower. It doesn't, does it? Dumba$$ people. When it's in your possession you can do what ever you want. When you sell you have to follow certain rules. You have to start making your own grill cheese sandwiches. I believe your mother needs a break.
Yep...by now, most here know Ranger, I mean 17-21-23 is a fraud, half-truth teller and a great make up stories artist. I wanted to post this earlier, but it is so much fun reading this guys bloviations....

I spoke with my examiner this AM to confirm the regs. Ranger, read below and weep..
Ya know, you don't always have to be an Asshat.

So your comment "I do more than you.......once it's a SBR, that's it no going back" is a lie and your comment "You guys say your knowledgable (sic) about guns laws need to start reading up on them", is something YOU should take to heart before posting drivel.

Oh... and I think you owe Tim McBride and apology.

Oh..OH..Please show us Mr."I do more than you" the reg that says you "have" to notify the Feds.

PS: You have to realize when you have been proven wrong..so many times, that we realize you always try and change the questions, to fit your answers!

PSS: We are all gifted... we should not be allowed to have this much fun on a gun forum, with out actually going out and shooting. :laughing-rolling:

CHAPTER 2. WHAT ARE “FIREARMS” UNDER THE NFA?

Section 2.5 Removal of firearms from the scope of the NFA by modification/elimination of
components.
Firearms, except machineguns and silencers, that are subject to the NFA fall within the various
definitions due to specific features. If the particular feature that causes a firearm to be regulated by the NFA is eliminated or modified, the resulting weapon is no longer an NFA weapon.

For example, a shotgun with a barrel length of 15 inches is an NFA weapon. If the 15- inch barrel is
removed and disposed of, the remaining firearm is not subject to the NFA because it has no barrel.
Likewise, if the 15 inch barrel is modified by permanently attaching an extension such that the barrel
length is at least 18 inches and the overall length of the weapon is at least 26 inches, the modified
firearm is not subject to the NFA. NOTE: an acceptable method for permanently installing a barrel
extension is by gas or electric steel seam welding or the use of high temperature silver solder having a flow point of 1100 degrees Fahrenheit.
27 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(16)
28 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Delta 6 you are a asshat. The OP was talking about selling his weapons. Now if you are selling a weapon that has been turned into a SBR then 1 of 2 things are going to happen.
1. You are going to send a letter to ATFE asking to have your weapon removed from the registry. Then once that's done it just like it was before it was SBR'ed
2. Keep it SBR'ed and do a transfer from you to the next person you are selling it to.
Now I'm not apologizing for sh!t. Not to you or anyone else here for being right. Go do what you want I will be the first to visit you In prison. I will make sure I bring you a grill cheese sandwich and some more video games. I'm sure you will need them.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Please cite the Regulation or rule. We all can't hear the voices in your head.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

YNOTAZ wrote: July 17th, 2019, 3:07 pm Please cite the Regulation or rule. We all can't hear the voices in your head.
Geesch.. not only voices in his head...This guy needs remedial reading lessons. Below is a place he can apply.
https://www.time4learning.com/reading-programs.shtml

Good luck Ranger.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Ranger Danger is wrong, his voices are wrong, everyone else is right, I suggest we just drop this before a moderator or admin has to lock and drop-kick this thread. All of the sources of accurate information have been posted for the OP or anyone else to read.

And while watching Ranger Danger in each of his reincarnations is a real hoot, I'm running out of bandwidth to remember all his monikers. Lets not cause him to start another one. Just sit back and enjoy today's show.
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

Isn't there medication available for the paranoia and fear mongering? This number guy AKA Ranger AKA Keith needs it in large doses. OOOPS my bad, stupid can not be fixed even with duct tape.

OP - I have sold Uzi's just put the proper 16 inch barrel on it and sell it. Hopefully you only engraved the short barrel.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

harleypower69 wrote: July 18th, 2019, 7:38 am Isn't there medication available for the paranoia and fear mongering? This number guy AKA Ranger AKA Keith needs it in large doses. OOOPS my bad, stupid can not be fixed even with duct tape.

OP - I have sold Uzi's just put the proper 16 inch barrel on it and sell it. Hopefully you only engraved the short barrel.
Hey don't make him get mad
article-2721771-2070DB5100000578-848_306x317.jpg
article-2721771-2070DB5100000578-848_306x317.jpg (25.09 KiB) Viewed 8853 times
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

The foe ignore option,... what a wonderful thing! :hand: