YHM suppressor ?

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
Untiro
ArizonaShooting.org Member

YHM suppressor ?

Post by Untiro »

I have a YHM Cobra M2 9mm and I want to use it on an AR platform 300 blackout. Any adapter available? without changing the whole insides?

superdrag67

Re: YHM suppressor ?

Post by superdrag67 »

All you need is a fixed barrel adapter to replace the spring in your booster. Like this:
https://yhm.net/cobra-fixed-barrel-adapter-2169.html

Assuming I'm understanding you correctly.
Untiro

Post by Untiro »

I saw that but it doesn't show threads etc. When I called them they recommended a Qd adapter but doesn't look compatible with older Cobra M2
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

Doesn't need any threads, it will just replace your booster spring. I've done the same with my YHM Sidewinder 45 on a few occasions.
Untiro

Post by Untiro »

So how does the suppressor threaded for a pistol attach to a 300 AR thread? 5/8-24 to 1/2=28
maybe this is the option
http://www.thesilencerstore.com/index.p ... Path=35_44
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

If you don't have a piston already that is the correct threading, then you could go the route you found (although you would still want to use the fixed barrel adapter to replace the booster spring). I bought one of every thread pitch available for my Sidewinder 45 when I got it, so I just switch out the piston when I need to and insert the fixed barrel adapter when needed. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find pistons for the Cobra M2 (haven't owned one).
Untiro

Post by Untiro »

OK thanks. Now I understand what that it replaces the spring. I send YHM a pic of what I have and see what happens. Their QD would be great if I can configure mine to take it.
Untiro

Post by Untiro »

YHM says I need a Sidewinder carbine adapter. I still think I'll need the fixed barrel adapter
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

Ok, if those are compatible with the Cobra M2, then it is all you will need. It will replace the piston, booster spring, and the retaining cap. Can be found here: https://yhm.net/5-8-24-sidewinder-adaptor.html

You won't need the fixed barrel adapter because you won't be utilizing the piston, so there will be no spring to replace (so that there is no movement).
Untiro

Post by Untiro »

YHM says all I need is a sidewinder carbine adapter. Remove neilson device and spring. Baffles attached to the front of the suppressor. So they said no need for the fixed barrel adapter. Thanks for all the help
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Untiro wrote: December 15th, 2018, 5:59 am YHM says all I need is a sidewinder carbine adapter. Remove neilson device and spring. Baffles attached to the front of the suppressor. So they said no need for the fixed barrel adapter. Thanks for all the help
Ah, sorry. DIdn't process that you were putting it on 300BLK and the thread pitch would likely be different. Yeah, you just need that carbine adapter.

I'm assuming the M2 is not rated for supersonic 300BLK so make sure you look into that before you shoot it. Don't want to blow up the can.