Form1 suppressor

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Form1 suppressor

Post by YNOTAZ »

DMeacham wrote: June 30th, 2020, 11:53 am Just some food for thoughts for folks-

A colleague’s dad tried ordering a “fuel filter” online, from wish or something. The guy had his door kicked in, and has been on house arrest for 6 months now.

If you do a form 1, don’t try and circumvent the system. I’ve heard a few horror stories, so get your paperwork done up right.
Nothing from WISH is as advertised.

DMeacham

Post by DMeacham »

freefly wrote: July 1st, 2020, 2:17 pm
DMeacham wrote: June 30th, 2020, 11:53 am Just some food for thoughts for folks-

A colleague’s dad tried ordering a “fuel filter” online, from wish or something. The guy had his door kicked in, and has been on house arrest for 6 months now.
Gotta be more to the story there...
No knock warrant. Purchased a monocore solvent trap online. A few weeks later, raided.

Similar to the Glock auto switch strings from amazon and wish.
Dangerruss

Post by Dangerruss »

I ordered a kit from a vendor I found on another forum. I ordered it the same day I ordered my fingerprint forms from the ATF. I will let you know what I thin when it gets here if you want.
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

So I started the EForm in mid July. They got paid. Said wait till you get email from us to do fingerprinting. Got the Email 5 weeks later. Sent in fingerprint cards 3 days later. Now the wait!
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

DMeacham wrote: July 1st, 2020, 4:15 pm
freefly wrote: July 1st, 2020, 2:17 pm

Gotta be more to the story there...
No knock warrant. Purchased a monocore solvent trap online. A few weeks later, raided.

Similar to the Glock auto switch strings from amazon and wish.
I have a real hard time with these door kicking stories.

People have been ordering tubes, baffles and end caps for years, all on the same order form, then submitting form 1s prior to drilling out the end caps or baffles. There are no stories of ATF door kicking for solvent traps.

The only major bust was the Darkside.com web site and business and nobody has published exactly what they were selling and how "complete" it was when purchased.
DMeacham

Post by DMeacham »

Well, the guy is on house arrest and had all his firearms and possessions in the safe seized, along with an undrilled fuel filter.

If you don’t believe me, Pm me and I’ll send you his name and you can call him yourself
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

All the charges, court records etc. are public record. If he is on "house arrest" that is based on a court order which is public and available.

Just a hypothetical, possession of one frag grenade, 40mm HE, or an unregistered DIAS that will fit in an empty cigarette pack, will get you a no knock visit, all your guns seized, along with any other stuff in your safe, even optics and cleaning rods.

I just don't believe he got his door kicked by the ATF with a non-knock warrant, had his firearms seized, and ended up on house arrest for a solvent trap. I'm not saying that it's not what he told you and I'm certain he would likely tell me the same story.

I'm just saying his story is crap!
Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Gatsby »

Quietbore took down their products for a short time and I sent them an email asking if they would be back in stock. Their response was that they were working with ATF to make some changes.

Everything is back in stock. They no longer sell solvent traps. They are form 1 kits, and to order one, they want you to upload your approved form 1 and a copy of your driver's license.

That's a lot of personal information to be shipping off to people you don't know.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Gatsby wrote: October 27th, 2020, 4:19 am Quietbore took down their products for a short time and I sent them an email asking if they would be back in stock. Their response was that they were working with ATF to make some changes.

Everything is back in stock. They no longer sell solvent traps. They are form 1 kits, and to order one, they want you to upload your approved form 1 and a copy of your driver's license.

That's a lot of personal information to be shipping off to people you don't know.
Who would do a Form 1 before having the item in your hand? Not me, and I'm sure not many other people.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Why not?

I had done a couple F1s the "Rusty". He wanted to see my paper work before he would even really talk to me.
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

I ordered a QuietBore setup before they changed to the Form 1 required (back in late July). Had them do the engraving and I started the paperwork with the ATF the same day. So yes, there are those of us who do that- and I’m glad I did.
It stayed in “Pending research” mode for over 2 months and finally cleared about 7 days ago to the next “In progress” step. Had I waited till I had the ‘kit’ in hand it would have added 6 more weeks as that’s the shipping + engraving timeframe. And as long as you match the name and SN you give QuietBore to engrave with what you put on your Form 1 paperwork it’s going to be fine.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Great link SMG. Some of us were lucky enough to get a xmas letter from the ATF regarding this bullshit...