Wanting to buy machine guns, where to go?

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
Cvz
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Wanting to buy machine guns, where to go?

Post by Cvz »

What are some of the best places with transferables for sale in az? Who has the best inventory? Best prices? Would like to visit some of these places and see if there is anything that sparks my intrest

Abbey
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Wanting to buy machine guns, where to go?

Post by Abbey »

https://sturmgewehr.com/

There are a couple local dealer's I know of, but they're usually an "appointment only" kind of thing and not a store front and inventory varies.

IMO the best way to handle machine guns is to make friends with machine gunners and offer to pay for ammo. Or go to some of the ranges that rent machine guns and try some out. Or if you really want to go crazy, drive up to vegas to the machine gun range there and try out a lot of things. Rentals aren't cheap but much cheaper than buying a transferable that turns out to be not what you wanted.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Cvz wrote: February 29th, 2024, 3:27 pm What are some of the best places with transferables for sale in az? Who has the best inventory? Best prices? Would like to visit some of these places and see if there is anything that sparks my intrest
Well, if you go down to S. Phoenix and check around, some of the gangs might have some for you. :mrgreen:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Cvz

Post by Cvz »

Abbey wrote: February 29th, 2024, 4:15 pm https://sturmgewehr.com/

There are a couple local dealer's I know of, but they're usually an "appointment only" kind of thing and not a store front and inventory varies.

IMO the best way to handle machine guns is to make friends with machine gunners and offer to pay for ammo. Or go to some of the ranges that rent machine guns and try some out. Or if you really want to go crazy, drive up to vegas to the machine gun range there and try out a lot of things. Rentals aren't cheap but much cheaper than buying a transferable that turns out to be not what you wanted.
I'm aware of Sturm, and I have several MGs already, uzi, micro uzi, 2 sterlings, 2 thompsons, mac10, fnc, 2 m16s, mp5k, I was just looking at any local places that may stock some inventory. I'm not looking to handle MGs, I'm looking to buy more lol
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

I'm jealous of the obvious disposable income that's involved in buying them. :)
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

Cvz wrote: February 29th, 2024, 4:28 pm I'm aware of Sturm, and I have several MGs already, uzi, micro uzi, 2 sterlings, 2 thompsons, mac10, fnc, 2 m16s, mp5k, I was just looking at any local places that may stock some inventory. I'm not looking to handle MGs, I'm looking to buy more lol
If you already have a collection, you probably know what you’re looking for so find it online. I don’t know any store that carries significant inventory.

But if you want a mini Uzi to complete your collection, I may have one available soon. 😉
Cvz

Post by Cvz »

Abbey wrote: February 29th, 2024, 7:07 pm
Cvz wrote: February 29th, 2024, 4:28 pm I'm aware of Sturm, and I have several MGs already, uzi, micro uzi, 2 sterlings, 2 thompsons, mac10, fnc, 2 m16s, mp5k, I was just looking at any local places that may stock some inventory. I'm not looking to handle MGs, I'm looking to buy more lol
If you already have a collection, you probably know what you’re looking for so find it online. I don’t know any store that carries significant inventory.

But if you want a mini Uzi to complete your collection, I may have one available soon. 😉
Possibly, depends on condition and price
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

There’s a guy on the west side. His business name is toneitup. Good prices, good guy to deal with. His inventory is on sturmgewehr.
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

We have a few in stock at our shop but, it looks like you already own most of what we have in stock. If you're looking for a great price we're not interested in giving them away... lol

We are talking with a guy on buying a collection in the future.
Cvz

Post by Cvz »

Cmoor wrote: February 29th, 2024, 8:39 pm We have a few in stock at our shop but, it looks like you already own most of what we have in stock. If you're looking for a great price we're not interested in giving them away... lol

We are talking with a guy on buying a collection in the future.
I'm interested to see what you have in stock
Cvz

Post by Cvz »

1bardan+ wrote: February 29th, 2024, 8:09 pm There’s a guy on the west side. His business name is toneitup. Good prices, good guy to deal with. His inventory is on sturmgewehr.
Thank you, I have seen his post but never realized he's in AZ. Will contact him
Cvz

Post by Cvz »

1bardan+ wrote: February 29th, 2024, 8:09 pm There’s a guy on the west side. His business name is toneitup. Good prices, good guy to deal with. His inventory is on sturmgewehr.
Thank you, I have seen his post but never realized he's in AZ. Will contact him
Tucsonbound
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Tucsonbound »

You are far more advanced in the field than I, so I am writing the below also for those that are just getting in the hobby as well:

In my adventures in the MG NFA world so far I have acquired only three:
1) My first one was a M2HB I found on sturmgewehr which I purchased from toneitup, he helped me through the whole process and is a great guy to deal with.
2) My second was a M11/9 that I purchased on Gunbroker, I was lucky and got it for a decent price. This took longer to transfer as it was a Form 4 from out of state to a FFL in state and then a Form 4 to me in state.
3) My last was a registered UZI bolt in a IMI Model B host that I won on rockislandauction, I got lucky and put a low amount and won. I think this only happened as there were so many UZI's in the auction and the market was saturated.

I have bid multiple times on morphyauctions but I have yet to win as the prices always see to be higher there than on Ginbroker or rockislandauction.

sturmgewehr is the best location I have found for fair prices. Unfortunately I have not seen many MGs in store front dealers. Although, last time I was at Diamondback they has a transferable Sten for sale in the back near the silencers.

Another good resource is http://machinegunpriceguide.com

I hope that this helps.
Doc

Post by Doc »

SupportTheSecond wrote: February 29th, 2024, 5:37 pm I'm jealous of the obvious disposable income that's involved in buying them. :)
Most of it was never disposable income. 😏

Hope it helps ya feel a little better.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

Step 1: "I need an emergency fund. I'll buy more guns and sell some in a financial emergency."

Step 2: "Unlike many other guns, machine guns never lose value. If I had bought them <any time before today>, I'd have more money. I'm going to buy machine guns."

Step 3: "My 401k only lets me invest in the stock market. Screw that, I'm only going to put in enough to get my employer match so I can buy more machine guns."

etc.