Who to do an NFA transfer through?

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
cat-mechanic
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Who to do an NFA transfer through?

Post by cat-mechanic »

OK, I have my trust, and am getting ready to buy another can. All of my others were bought local. So this will be the first one I will have transferred in.

So far I've asked

Shooter's World, They charge $75, but you can use the Silencer Shop APP and that makes it easy?

Scottsdale Gun Club, They charge $40, but won't call me back to see what else I need to do.

Who else should I look at? I was looking at the larger companies, so I don't get a can approval, then find out they closed like Greystone.

superdrag67

Re: Who to do an NFA transfer through?

Post by superdrag67 »

It might be farther than you want to drive but I've used Quentin Defense in Gilbert for years. I don't remember how much the fee is exactly, somewhere in the $25-$50 range for NFA.

The Silencer shop kiosk does provide some convenience but it's really not that hard to begin with.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

I bought my cans through C2, still waiting on the stamps to come back. They didn't charge me any extra that I noticed on the receipt.

I did all the paper work through the Silencer shop app and kiosk.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Which retailer are you buying through? I went through silencer shop and used Scottsdale gun club for the exact reason you stated. Both of mine are still in jail, but it's my understanding the price is inclusive of any fees, which is why you'll see price differences across retailers on the silencer shop website. Their system does make things pretty painless. I went in to SGC to do my fingerprints, snapped a pic with my phone, and everything was done. I guess time will only tell if I get hit with transfer fees, but I'm not going to be happy since "NO TRANSFER FEES" is littered across their site and FAQ's.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

If you buy through C2, you can use it at their range until your stamp clears and it gets to go home...
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

That's a really nice feature, especially for pistol cans.
cat-mechanic

Post by cat-mechanic »

Thanks for the help guys, I am sending C2 an email. Would be nice to shoot it while it's in jail.

Just wondering if they are similar to Shooter's World? Shooter's World only does the NFA transfers at their Phoenix location. I don't blame them for that. It limits their exposure than if they had transfers for people at both of their locations.

So maybe C2 only does NFA transfers at their Tempe location.

I wouldn't mind going a distance to pick it up, so Quentin Defense is even an option.

I've been looking for a particular can and tons of places are out of stock. I don't want to give up my opportunity before I have a chance to buy it. C2, Shooters world, Scottsdale Gun Club, Silencer Shop are all out of stock. Once my sale goes through, I'll tell everybody about it.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

My stuff with C2 is through the Tempe store.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

It looks like silencer shop gives you the option to choose the Scottsdale location for C2. Which can are you looking at?
cat-mechanic

Post by cat-mechanic »

OK, got it done. I don't advise using C2 unless you're buying the item from them. The email I got said they charge $100 per item or $75 if you are a member. Plus they charge an additional $40 for using the kiosk. If you buy the can from them, you can shoot it while it's in jail. If you buy elsewhere and transfer it to them, you can't shoot it while it's in jail.

So I ordered a Surefire, Socom 762 RC2 FDE. I actually found it at Brownells. Was also able to use some coupon code and saved MORE, More's good right? Right now code NDW gets you $110 off of $900.
cat-mechanic

Post by cat-mechanic »

I ended up choosing Scottsdale Gun Club to go through. Talked to Monica there today. Full explanation of the charges are $230 for the kiosk application and tax stamp. Then $40 for the non member transfer. Brownells emailed me asking for the ship to dealer FFL and SOT. I forwarded that to Monica and 5 minutes later got a confirmation email from Monica saying she sent it to Brownells. Now we wait for Brownells to ship to SGC.
Mr_Maim

Post by Mr_Maim »

superdrag67 wrote: August 11th, 2018, 9:58 pm It might be farther than you want to drive but I've used Quentin Defense in Gilbert for years. I don't remember how much the fee is exactly, somewhere in the $25-$50 range for NFA.

The Silencer shop kiosk does provide some convenience but it's really not that hard to begin with.
Quentin Defense charges $50. I have one of Jason's safes 1/2 full of my NFA crap right now. :mrgreen: :oops: :cry:
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

Kiosks are located at C2?
Kiosks are located at SGC?

Trying to find a nearby one to use. Thanks.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

C2 has a kiosk. I think you can locate them with the Silencer Shop app.
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

^ Thank-you Brandon, that is very helpful.

Chris