ATF now says no sharing - does this mean no more range rentals or big shoots like Big Sandy?

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: ATF now says no sharing - does this mean no more range rentals or big shoots like Big Sandy?

Post by kenpoprofessor »

QuietM4 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 11:40 am
kawgomoo wrote: March 9th, 2023, 7:16 am Show me the LAW that says "no sharing".... What are you even complying with?
Another pointless instigator joins the forum...are you by chance an Accountant?
LOL, that ain't instigation, that's just good sense and logic, duhhhh.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ATF now says no sharing - does this mean no more range rentals or big shoots like Big Sandy?

Post by admin »

Those who are trolling and only trying to elicit responses from people are going to ear themselves a timeout. I'm quickly growing weary of this.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

kawgomoo wrote: March 9th, 2023, 7:16 am Show me the LAW that says "no sharing".... What are you even complying with?
The issue is not "show me the law", the issue is what TF is the ATF deciding the law is.

"Show me the law" that applies to:
Bump stocks
Pistol braces
80% lowers
Solvent traps
Forced reset triggers.
And frankly AR15 100% lower receivers.

Unless you have the money and time to fight the Fed, you damn well better watch what they are saying and doing and enlist the help of organizations that have the political pull, money, and time to fight the Fed. If not, you may be allowed to own a 2" Swiss army knife.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

I truly hesitate to say this - because this sort of overreach is NOT a good thing - but the more of this sort of stupid crap that they (the ATF) does, the more pressure there will be to move related cases through the courts so that SCOTUS can (hopefully) continue the process of slapping them down. After spending too much time reading / watching opinions of liars (lawyers) on 2A issues, I'm cautiously hopeful that SCOTUS is going to use the ATF as a vehicle for rolling back the Chevron Doctrine (the administrative law principle under which executive branch agencies have been quietly self-expanding the scope of their authority).

The current crop of cases revolve around the ATF banning bump-stocks, braces, etc. and the hope that the court will say something like:
"Hey ATF - congress empowered you to manage the sale of firearms across state lines - they did not empower you to regulate the the sale of parts, materials, ammunition, etc. If the people of the nation want you to regulate those things, then congress needs to make law empowering you to do so. You can't simply determine that "firearms" includes parts, ammunition, etc... You don't get to make new law - sorry."

Fingers crossed...
Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Gatsby »

The have said exactly that to the EPA in the West Virginia vs EPA case
Capping carbon dioxide emissions at a level that will force a nationwide transition away from the use of coal to generate electricity may be a sensible “solution to the crisis of the day.” New York v. United States, 505 U. S. 144, 187 (1992). But it is not plausible that Congress gave EPA the authority to adopt on its own such a regulatory scheme in Section 111(d). A decision of such magnitude and consequence rests with Congress itself, or an agency acting pursuant to a clear delegation from that representative body.

The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit is reversed, and the cases are remanded for further proceedings consistent with this opinion
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/2 ... 0_n758.pdf
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

In the realm of overreach, Bidet signed an executive demanding an expansion of the definition of who sells firearms for profit, with the intent of increasing background checks. I can't imagine ATF, DOJ, and Homeland security not jumping on this opportunity. That means anyone falling into this new category, requires an FFL or becomes a federal felon for selling firearms without a license.

Further, assuming a new batch of FFL dealers forced to get a license by this change and the ATF’s new zero tolerance policy towards FFLs, how many people will be permanently banned from selling firearms after a bookkeeping or other trivial error?