Upcoming amnesty for braced pistols?

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
Abbey
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Upcoming amnesty for braced pistols?

Post by Abbey »

Nice. First time I’ve ever been called a Fudd. I can check that off the bucket list. 😂

I’m all with you on “there shouldn’t be an NFA. But given the reality we live in, I’m just saying I don’t understand the concept of buying a brace to save money on a stamp, just to turn around and toss the brace for a stock. Just seems like extra work. But you do you.

baja

Post by baja »

A federal judge has put the brakes, for now anyway, on atf's plan for "ghost guns" so there's a chance the same thing will happen with the pistol brace thing.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

baja wrote: September 4th, 2022, 3:21 pm A federal judge has put the brakes, for now anyway, on atf's plan for "ghost guns" so there's a chance the same thing will happen with the pistol brace thing.
Hopefully the same judge has a peek at the bump stock/FRT bologna while he's in there...
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

AZ_Five56 wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:34 am Step 1: Free SBR's for everyone! Just enter them into the registry here and send us a photo.
Step 2: SBR's are now outlawed. Turn them in. We know you have them.

Maybe a bit cynical, but do you trust the ATF, especially under this administration? Perhaps the ATF just anticipates that all of their self-imposed receiver and pistol brace rules will be deemed illegal, and they want to use this opportunity to register millions of new firearms. Whatever the case, I don't trust that they have good motives.

Dear ATF, please remove registered SBR from the NFA registry, SN###$#@# Anderson arms Receiver as it was converted to a standard rifle with a 16" barrel. It's as simple as that. I have done it before.

You can sit here in fear and piss down your leg or you can live life and stop the worry about what the ATF is going to do. We know it is coming at some point in our lives so getdafukc over it and enjoy what time we have left.

I plan on registering 30 of them or more just to plug them up with more stih than they have ever dealt with. If they were smart they would do it at the dealer level where the form is done at a FFL for a small fee like it has already been done and ATF can pick the paperwork up and add it later. The dealer can be sent the stamps and afix it when you bring it in and they write the serial number down. I have owned NFA items for well over 30 years and I don't sit around saying oh golly gee is this the night ATF kicks my door in. Gun owners are getting downright pathetic these days.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Abbey wrote: September 4th, 2022, 10:45 am Nice. First time I’ve ever been called a Fudd. I can check that off the bucket list. 😂

I’m all with you on “there shouldn’t be an NFA. But given the reality we live in, I’m just saying I don’t understand the concept of buying a brace to save money on a stamp, just to turn around and toss the brace for a stock. Just seems like extra work. But you do you.
The braces are not uncomfortable to shoot if you have the SB one. I will probably leave them on the rifles and say fkuc it. Maybe tell people its not registered so they call the fkucs on me and then I can sue them for property damage when they kick a door first then find out it is registered.

You should be able to have any length barrel you want as shorter barrel means less velocity and 10 inches on a AR does not make them that much more concealable.

Or the ATF could be really smart and allow the dealer to stamp the paper as we either go through a background check at the dealer or we use our CCW. Same for suppressors, they get their $200, we walk out with the firearm and we are both happy. The fact the government cant come up with a solution like this proves they work there because they are all stupid.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
rtl
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by rtl »

Even if they do process in 15 minutes, it’s still going to take longer than I have left to process a few million applications.
Old fart
RTL