Anyone here have recent transfer success on F4

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
1bardan+
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Anyone here have recent transfer success on F4

Post by 1bardan+ »

Either with paper or efile on machinegun?
Latest time?

Jack Dupp

Re: Anyone here have recent transfer success on F4

Post by Jack Dupp »

At the beginning of the year, some guys got theirs in 90 days or even less. In June, I was told the wait was averaging 150 days. Right now there are a lot of guys that e-filed in February and still don't have their stuff approved. I'm guessing if one were to start an e-file now, it would be 200 days at least.

Paper you're looking at well over a year.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My eForm1's have been taking about 60-90 days on average. Had some approved earlier this year in ~30 days and some taking over 120 days.

The only Form 4 I have is a paper F4 I sent in in late December, 2021. I don't expect to hear anything back from that one until early 2023.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

I have Efiled 8 different Form 4 transfers since March 7, 2022. 4 MG's and 4 suppressors. The longest was 85 days and the shortest was 80 days.
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

Thanks Guys
I’ve got one of each going, no word yet
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

delta6 wrote: August 24th, 2022, 8:11 am I have Efiled 8 different Form 4 transfers since March 7, 2022. 4 MG's and 4 suppressors. The longest was 85 days and the shortest was 80 days.
What made you so special? You got a dealer with an inside track or something?
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Jack Dupp wrote: August 24th, 2022, 9:41 pm
delta6 wrote: August 24th, 2022, 8:11 am I have Efiled 8 different Form 4 transfers since March 7, 2022. 4 MG's and 4 suppressors. The longest was 85 days and the shortest was 80 days.
No Jack... I am a dealer and those were form 4 transfers to private individuals.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Ohhhhhh. But the question remains. How are your customers getting approved so quickly, when most guys are waiting at least twice that long for their stamps?
Tucsonbound
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Tucsonbound »

I had 3 form 4's recently approved:

Form 4, Paper, Individual, MG, Purchased 6/23/21, Pending 7/13/21, Approved 7/14/22
Form 4 (x2), Paper, Trust, Silencers, Purchased 7/12/21, Pending 7/29/21, Approved 7/14/22

I was curious if an Individual or trust would be faster. For me they were somehow grouped together and approved on the same day by the same ATF official.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Jack Dupp wrote: August 25th, 2022, 9:23 am Ohhhhhh. But the question remains. How are your customers getting approved so quickly, when most guys are waiting at least twice that long for their stamps?
Jack,
Hmm, maybe as you stated, I am special :shock:

I have been told there are times a dealer can tell his customer he has sent the paperwork in and hasn't. When the fed's received the form, it was dated 3-6 months before they received it. Paper forms bring a whole new issue into the equation. Filing out the form one can make a mistake. They say 40% plus of Form1's have an error. If handwritten it can cause a reading error by the examiner or a combination of both. Once there is an error, this can cause a cascade of issues and delays, mainly they put it in a pile that they get to when they have time. As far as Efile, it is pretty hard to make a mistake. Your inventory is on line and the program is pretty much fail safe since most is cut, paste or click.

I have been doing this a longtime and have got to know a lot of examiners, IOI's and their bosses over the years. What I have learned over that time is that timely submission and an error free document can speed up transfer times.

There are plenty of other problems with the system and the list would be toooo long to post, from the accuracy of the registry to not enough budget for the people necessary. Why others are taking longer, I can't say. Maybe, I'm just lucky and caught an examiner that likes her job and isn't "quietly quitting", or... maybe I really am special! :lol:

Attached is a snap shot of a Form4 that was submitted in April 7, 2022 and approved June 27, 2022 and delivered to the customer June 28, 2022.

Form4cm1-20220825_121709_resized.jpg
Form4cm2-20220825_121709_resized (1).jpg
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

delta6 wrote: August 25th, 2022, 1:21 pm
Jack Dupp wrote: August 25th, 2022, 9:23 am Ohhhhhh. But the question remains. How are your customers getting approved so quickly, when most guys are waiting at least twice that long for their stamps?
Jack,
Hmm, maybe as you stated, I am special :shock:

I have been told there are times a dealer can tell his customer he has sent the paperwork in and hasn't. When the fed's received the form, it was dated 3-6 months before they received it. Paper forms bring a whole new issue into the equation. Filing out the form one can make a mistake. They say 40% plus of Form1's have an error. If handwritten it can cause a reading error by the examiner or a combination of both. Once there is an error, this can cause a cascade of issues and delays, mainly they put it in a pile that they get to when they have time. As far as Efile, it is pretty hard to make a mistake. Your inventory is on line and the program is pretty much fail safe since most is cut, paste or click.

I have been doing this a longtime and have got to know a lot of examiners, IOI's and their bosses over the years. What I have learned over that time is that timely submission and an error free document can speed up transfer times.

There are plenty of other problems with the system and the list would be toooo long to post, from the accuracy of the registry to not enough budget for the people necessary. Why others are taking longer, I can't say. Maybe, I'm just lucky and caught an examiner that likes her job and isn't "quietly quitting", or... maybe I really am special! :lol:

Attached is a snap shot of a Form4 that was submitted in April 7, 2022 and approved June 27, 2022 and delivered to the customer June 28, 2022.

Form4cm1-20220825_121709_resized.jpg
Form4cm2-20220825_121709_resized (1).jpg
You ARE special, bro. I'm buying my next can through you!
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

I need to have my SOT rub up against you for luck!
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Jack Dupp wrote: August 24th, 2022, 9:41 pm
Jack,
Still special? There are some examiners that are not "quietly quitting". This is a form 3 (dealer/dealer) submitted on 8/30/2022 and approved on 8/31/2022.
Maybe your dealer need to take their examiner to lunch??
Form3m-20220831_133332.jpg
1bardan+

Post by 1bardan+ »

Yea. My SOT submitted an eform early June. The only gauge I have on this is his submissions and he said he has 2 submissions before mine that are still in process. May be mine will come soon but this is slow
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Yeah, my eforms were certified in mid to late June. I don't expect to see them until 2023 unless Gil throws some of his secret mojo my way.