Is it better to SBR

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
ooda
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Is it better to SBR

Post by ooda »

Waiting for the outcome of the ATF ruling on pistol braces. Don't know which way it my go. Should it be better to SBR it or if it does the way of the dodo do paperwork now and beat the RUSH of paperwork.

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Is it better to SBR

Post by XJThrottle »

You will be called a traitor for giving your info to the man for god given right...

I have a few SBRs.

Carry on....
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

Without the brace it is just a pistol.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I know everyone is expecting the ATF to make braces illegal, but they will be mired in lawsuits about it for years. The ATF cannot change legislative definitions on a whim...someone is going to finally prove them wrong in court...although no one has yet.

Also, with the millions of braces on the market it will be impossible for them to get them back (there are so many more braces than bump stocks). They are going to have to grandfather them in or create some type of amnesty registration. I know that is a logical expectation, and that doesn't work with the ATF, but no one really knows for sure yet.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

QuietM4 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 11:18 pm I know everyone is expecting the ATF to make braces illegal, but they will be mired in lawsuits about it for years. The ATF cannot change legislative definitions on a whim...someone is going to finally prove them wrong in court...although no one has yet.

Also, with the millions of braces on the market it will be impossible for them to get them back (there are so many more braces than bump stocks). They are going to have to grandfather them in or create some type of amnesty registration. I know that is a logical expectation, and that doesn't work with the ATF, but no one really knows for sure yet.
If the new policy goes though, I very much doubt they are going to grandfather anything or allow any amnesty registration. They are going to be mired in lawsuits, and of particular importance is whether a judge will put a stay or injunction on the new policy until the lawsuits can progress given the vast disruption this change would cause. However, I can almost guarantee that ATF will absolutely not grandfather anything brace-related or allow amnesty registration. They will simply say "modify the firearm so it adheres".
Doc

Post by Doc »

First rule of fight club….

It’s a simple rule yet so many fail to comply.

Ymmv.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

I was talking with my dealer the other day and he brought up an interesting point that they may make us register them as an AOW and only have a $5 tax stamp. Be interesting for sure. I hope it all flops but if we are required to file paperwork, $5 is a whole lot better than $200.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

QuietM4 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 11:18 pm I know everyone is expecting the ATF to make braces illegal, but they will be mired in lawsuits about it for years. The ATF cannot change legislative definitions on a whim...someone is going to finally prove them wrong in court...although no one has yet.

They just did this with F1 suppressors.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

This is going to be an issue decided in the courts, unfortunately. Yes, the ATF has been allowed to make s*** up as they go along, we all know that. The bump stock court battle is still going on, and I’m sure any ruling on braces will follow the same path. Unfortunately, the ATF has been allowed by multiple judges to drop cases as soon as they think they are going to lose and set a legal ruling, e.g. AR lowers are not technically firearms per legal definition. At some point, hopefully sooner than later, a court will side with us…hopefully it’s SCOTUS and we can end all this idiotic “rule” making once and for all.

The ATF may call them “rulings”, but they are just opinions that can be challenged in court.
ooda

Post by ooda »

I guess I'll just wait to see what happens. Thank you all for your input.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

The BATFE is a rogue agency.
BloodNGuts

Post by BloodNGuts »

Rock Hardson wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 10:55 am The BATFE is a rogue agency.
THIS x 1000