NFA broker/dealer recommendations for sale?

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
Abbey
ArizonaShooting.org Member

NFA broker/dealer recommendations for sale?

Post by Abbey »

I'm thinking about selling a machine gun (currently on a F4 to a trust). I'm not set on selling yet but trying to figure out the best way to sell if I do.

At the very least, I would need a good shop to handle the transfer & paperwork, assuming out of state sale. (I used to have a good relationship with Merchant, but now that Aaron retired I'm looking for a good shop.)

Do any dealers also manage sales listings? I don't have an account on any of the online platforms like Sturm or Subguns and I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee for someone who is knowledgeable of the process and can help broker the sale.

Doc

Re: NFA broker/dealer recommendations for sale?

Post by Doc »

I’ll take it. 😎🤙
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Why not list what you are selling, you already have one "I'll take it".

You might just forgo fees.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

If I sell, I would list here too, but I haven't seen a ton of action in the NFA forum. I'm assuming a larger market would net a bigger increase than I'd lose from an extra $200 transfer.

But for now, I'm just trying to find out if it makes sense to sell or hold.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

Well what is it?
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

If nothing else, you can gauge interest here before you attempt to go national. You might get lucky.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

OK, OK, I've had a few people ask. I didn't want to put details up (and this is not a FS ad) before I was actually selling, but...

It's a shooter-grade (read that as not "unfired/new in box" collector piece) Vector Mini-Uzi. It's a registered receiver SMG and runs like a top. I have a bunch of spare parts & mags that I'd bundle. Personally, I think the Mini shoots smoother than the full-sized, but it's fast. I can pull doubles but no way can I pull singles.

I've seen some listings on various forums well into the $20k range, which is what made me start questioning if I'd rather have the cash than a safe-queen that rarely goes to the range with me anymore. The reason I didn't want to go into details is that I'm not a motivated seller. If I can only get $16 or so, I'll keep it. But if I got an offer for $24k, I'd probably take it on the spot. I just haven't figured out where my limit is yet.
TriggerFish

Post by TriggerFish »

You would keep it and shoot it more often if you could find the tungsten Mini F.A. bolt. They are rare and x$pensive but worth it. I had one in my Vector Mini. Funnnnnnnn.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

I almost bought a tungsten bolt years back but was a bit short on funds at the time. Then a few years ago, I contacted the guy on Uzitalk who used to make them, who said he was going to make a batch “later this year”, which never happened. So I’ve only ever run the stock bolt.

Funny you bring up this thread. I literally haven’t touched the mini since this post. Machine gun prices don’t seem to be keeping up with inflation though.