wait time on silencer

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
Brlux
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: wait time on silencer

Post by Brlux »

I have 2 at are 9 months in, I just called on them and still not approved.

One of those was screwed up by Silencer Shop. I had to figure out there was a problem and track it down to them having never submitted my paperwork. So one of those 2 was started 16 months ago but only 9 months since the check cleared and it entered the system.

Brlux

Post by Brlux »

Well it looks like the ATF has finally wised up and has done something that they swore they would never do to help with their backlog. I go batch processed with 4 different form 4 individual stamps from 2 different dealers all came in at the same time today. They were all put in at different times ranging from 12-5 months ago. One of the dealers said another guy got 5 in at the same tome today.

I still have an outstanding E-filed from 4 trust that is 56 days old and was not rolled up in to this clean out.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Brlux wrote: March 11th, 2022, 11:18 pm Well it looks like the ATF has finally wised up and has done something that they swore they would never do to help with their backlog. I go batch processed with 4 different form 4 individual stamps from 2 different dealers all came in at the same time today. They were all put in at different times ranging from 12-5 months ago. One of the dealers said another guy got 5 in at the same tome today.

I still have an outstanding E-filed from 4 trust that is 56 days old and was not rolled up in to this clean out.
They've been doing that for the last couple years though it seems to be very hit and miss. Not everyone lucks out with the batch approvals but it's definitely been happening.
Mike-4

Post by Mike-4 »

Although this thread is a little dated, I thought I'd update my recent experience.

With new e-file system and filing thru Silencer Shop, I submitted a Form 4 for a suppressor on Jan 17th and was approved 93 days later. The goal of the new ATF e-File System is approval under 90 days. FYI
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

I know this thread has been dead for a little bit but I'll update it with information I know. My personal can came back in a year and 2 weeks via paper form. New e-forms are coming in within a 120 day period.
Brlux

Post by Brlux »

Update, my E-Filed form 4 can was submitted on Jan 14 and took 94 days.
Miker12

Post by Miker12 »

Uodate for my suppressor: paperwork filed on May 8, 2021, check cleared by June 2021 and still "pending" on last phone call to ATF on May 28th.
MK18_Obe
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by MK18_Obe »

My first suppressor, OSS HX-QD Ti 7.62, cleared in about 5 months(July-Dec 2020). I have another one pending since March 2022 for an Obsidian 9mm. Hopefully it clears just as fast as my previous order, otherwise I would hate for it to be in jail for 9+ months
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

I just did an E-form 4 for a new suppressor, was approved in 2 days... Started paperwork on 2 June, submitted to ATF electronically on 14 June around noon time and got an email with approved status 16 June picked it up that night.

Inked20220616_201603[4827]a.jpg
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

muta4warrior wrote: June 17th, 2022, 1:37 am I just did an E-form 4 for a new suppressor, was approved in 2 days... Started paperwork on 2 June, submitted to ATF electronically on 14 June around noon time and got an email with approved status 16 June picked it up that night.

That's the quickest E-form 4 I've heard of. I just certified mine today and I'm assuming it'll be about a 3-4 month wait as that seems to be the average right now.
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

Dat_Ginga wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:15 am
muta4warrior wrote: June 17th, 2022, 1:37 am I just did an E-form 4 for a new suppressor, was approved in 2 days... Started paperwork on 2 June, submitted to ATF electronically on 14 June around noon time and got an email with approved status 16 June picked it up that night.

That's the quickest E-form 4 I've heard of. I just certified mine today and I'm assuming it'll be about a 3-4 month wait as that seems to be the average right now.
Unfortunately, that speed of approval came at a price.. the dealer that I got it from, had his license revoked over some stupid petty BS that this potato regime started to do to force dealers out of business. They can't outright ban the guns, so they shut down the dealers so nobody can get any new ones. He is fighting it but it will take some time to get it fixed, if it can even be fixed. In the meantime, he has to get all the NFA stuff transfered by the end of this month (NFA branch is fast tracking all the forms to make that happen) and has until Sept to move all the Title 1 stuff.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

muta4warrior wrote: June 17th, 2022, 6:12 pm

Unfortunately, that speed of approval came at a price.. the dealer that I got it from, had his license revoked over some stupid petty BS that this potato regime started to do to force dealers out of business. They can't outright ban the guns, so they shut down the dealers so nobody can get any new ones. He is fighting it but it will take some time to get it fixed, if it can even be fixed. In the meantime, he has to get all the NFA stuff transfered by the end of this month (NFA branch is fast tracking all the forms to make that happen) and has until Sept to move all the Title 1 stuff.
As soon as I saw your approval time, my first thought was "he must have got that from Mr Silencer".
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

QuietM4 wrote: June 17th, 2022, 6:54 pm
muta4warrior wrote: June 17th, 2022, 6:12 pm

As soon as I saw your approval time, my first thought was "he must have got that from Mr Silencer".
Is Mr. Silencer going out of business now? Who's the next best place to go? I bought several NFA items right before the Stupid 41F went into effect. I have been itching to get another can this year and have been debating where to start.