Need help picking a nfa trust

Discuss any Title II or NFA items like machineguns, suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, DD's and AoW's.
50bmg
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Need help picking a nfa trust

Post by 50bmg »

Since guns and ammo are so hard to get these days. I have decided to start buying suppressors. Luckily I work for a SOT dealer so with our distributor pricing I got excited and started buying. Now I have quite a few suppressors on the books and allowed to go shoot them. But now my employer wants them off his books and into my possession.

I have googled nfa gun trust and have been googled overloaded. I have found start prices around $50 and goes up to $100 plus. I have read and read it pretty seems most say the same stuff they offer. And they have this and that. But I’m just looking for just myself and when I die I don’t really care where they end up. It’s just me and my wife no kids. And no family that really cares much about guns and cares less about nfa stuff.

So what’s a good trust that won’t get rejected by ATF (aft as Biden calls it) but maybe has a good customer support to help with filling out paperwork and future questions or issues.

The silencer shop is not really a good option for me cause we will not become a powered by dealer. So the kiosk is not a strong selling pro for me. But I’m open if someone promotes it to me.

What does most of you guys use.

TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Re: Need help picking a nfa trust

Post by TheAccountant »

I’ve heard the one from silencershop works as well as any of them and I don’t believe you have to use their kiosk. Their $25 single shot trusts can only be used through them for Form 4 items, but unless something has changed, the $129 one is the trust paperwork that you can add whatever you’d like to. I’ve been told they make things very simple.

With that being said, if you have a bunch of items I would just bite the bullet and spend a few hundred bucks for some time in front of an attorney. I know you said nobody cares about them now, but they could wind up being pretty valuable assets by the time you kick the bucket. It’s always interesting what people suddenly get interested in when there’s money on the line.
50bmg

Post by 50bmg »

Well I have told my wife. When I did before her to transfer them to a youth shooting program. Or sell them off and give the money to a local animal shelter. I have pretty much decided that none of my family will get any of my gun. I rather the money go to the puppies and kitties shelter. Cause my family would just sell them for the money any ways.
50bmg

Post by 50bmg »

I don’t really want to go waste a attorney time and my money. To end up selling me something that i over paid for and do not need all the bells and whistles.

I was read on guntrustusa.com and they have a single shot trust. Which might benefit me cause that way when I get tired of a suppressor I just give it away to a friend. And just add him as a trustee or whatever. Till he gets his transfer paperwork done then end the trust.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I created my trust from DIY trust software...it's passed ATF scrutiny a dozen times. I'd be happy to email you the fill-in-the-blank format.
50bmg

Post by 50bmg »

Is it a software I have to download. I’m one of those weird people that don’t own a computer anymore. I pretty do everything on iPhone or iPad
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

50bmg wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:21 pm Is it a software I have to download. I’m one of those weird people that don’t own a computer anymore. I pretty do everything on iPhone or iPad
It's a word doc with blanks you replace.
50bmg

Post by 50bmg »

Yes could you send that over
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

50bmg wrote: April 16th, 2021, 4:04 pm Yes could you send that over
PM me your email.
KoaTico

Post by KoaTico »

QuietM4 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:56 pm
50bmg wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:21 pm Is it a software I have to download. I’m one of those weird people that don’t own a computer anymore. I pretty do everything on iPhone or iPad
It's a word doc with blanks you replace.
QuietM4, I would be interested in that as well if you are willing to share. Thanks in advance.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

I used the kiosk at Mr. Silencer in Mesa, very simple to set up my trust. But I didn't realize the difference between a beneficiary and co-trustee. I named my daughter as beneficiary, then realized it would stop with her. So I changed it online to make her a trustee, thus allowing her to transfer it to someone else someday.