Do I need an AZ id to apply for c&r?

Discuss curio and relic, and other antique firearms here.
MarkItZero
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Do I need an AZ id to apply for c&r?

Post by MarkItZero »

I moved back to AZ a few weeks ago, and despite living and working here now I have been unable to obtain a drivers license due to covid nonsense at the MVD. I have an appointment in early August and will be getting one then.

I am employed by a local school district and have a valid AZ fingerprint card currently.

I'd love to get a c&r license and snag a tokarev or 2 while they're still cheap and available. Do I have to wait until I have an AZ id to apply? Or since the license is issued by the feds am I good to apply now?

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Do I need an AZ id to apply for c&r?

Post by XJThrottle »

Go to a third party MDV office.
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

XJThrottle wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:42 pm Go to a third party MDV office.
Not an option when you're transferring an out of state license.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Get an Az photo ID card.
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

XJThrottle wrote: July 29th, 2020, 4:14 pm Get an Az photo ID card.
Wouldn't that also require a trip to the MVD? Most of those online services and privatized service centers only apply to people already in the system. I have an appointment and will get a dl soon enough, I'm just kind of sick of waiting
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

High Standard

Post by High Standard »

I just moved here in April from another state. And I didn’t want to wait the 1 month+ for the AZ MVD appointment. So I decided to pay the additional money and get my license through the third party here in Prescott Valley. I waited about 2 weeks for my appointment and it took about an hour. I got my DL and my wife got her ID card both with the gold star. Just make sure you have all of the proper documentation when you go.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

I forgot to write that you can have any C&R firearm sent to a regular 01 FFL if you really want to pick up a Tokorev. No need a 03 C&R FFL. You will need to pay the additional fee charged by the 01 FFL. So if you really want one don’t let not having an 03 C&R FFL stop you.
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

High Standard wrote: July 31st, 2020, 6:19 am I just moved here in April from another state. And I didn’t want to wait the 1 month+ for the AZ MVD appointment. So I decided to pay the additional money and get my license through the third party here in Prescott Valley. I waited about 2 weeks for my appointment and it took about an hour. I got my DL and my wife got her ID card both with the gold star. Just make sure you have all of the proper documentation when you go.
This is what I did as well. There's no limitation on swapping an out of state license at Footworke in Prescott. Got my license, my wife's license, registered my car, her car, and my motorcycle. Still haven't received the plate for the bike, called MVD and paid $10.00 for it, and still haven't received it. Got the plates for the two cars no problem, for some reason the bike plate keeps getting lost. Might break down and make an appointment to get one directly from MVD.

I do love how government offices are the only places here that do the Covid lockdown/stay away dance. Bunch of non-essential wastes of taxpayer's hard earned money.