Saw a CMP 1911 today

Discuss curio and relic, and other antique firearms here.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Saw a CMP 1911 today

Post by pneuby »

Speaking with one of the LGS, and he said, "Hold on, I got something neat to show you." It was a transfer received in for another customer.

He walks out with what looks like a pistol sized Pelican case in FDE color. As he lays it down, I see
the large CMP molding in the lid. Out comes a Union Swich & Signal, with a tag hangin' off the lanyard loop indicating it was a rack-grade. Damn fine shape for an old-gal sitting around for about 100years. Well, perhaps a bit less, at it was a 1911A1 pattern.

Came with a nice little 5x7" Certificate of Authenticity made out in the buyer's name. :roll:
Unfortunately, the mag sent with the gun was brand new, with the NSN stamped on its floorplate. :|

knockonit

Re: Saw a CMP 1911 today

Post by knockonit »

if a collector great get, but ...........really pricey, was a time i'd be all over them, but sentimental value and as a collector they garner no need in my stable, although wished i had one to fondle, but i have others who will fill that loss.
Rj
NM303
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by NM303 »

I choose not to jump through the CMP's hoops and spend the money they're asking for an unknown 1911. That said, I'm glad that people are finally getting them. Some of them have looked very nice from the postings I've seen.
CaptainKelley
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by CaptainKelley »

I have just gotten mine which ended up coming out looking nice. 1944 Ithaca frame with a Colt GI Hardened replacement slide. Hoping to find a matching Ithaca slide soon but it shoots perfect.