Walther P38 - Spreewerk CYQ

Discuss curio and relic, and other antique firearms here.
etprescottaz01
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Walther P38 - Spreewerk CYQ

Post by etprescottaz01 »

Collecting and caretaking of historical firearms, especially ones that work, use to something average people could do.

20 years ago on a Saturday morning a guy walked into a Prescott Valley gun shop, he had just found this in his late grandfathers dresser and decided to trade it towards something modern "a defense gun" according to the shop.

One of 1100 X block P38's manufactured at the Spreewerks in Berlin in December of 1944 this was German state property for about 6 months.

Matches with original holster, spare magazine. Fired over 500 times this one has yet to malfunction, works perfect. This is a fun shooter.
IMG_0263 P38 sliding from holster (1).JPG
IMG_0384 P38 CYQ.JPG
IMG_0260 opposite view of P38.JPG
Last edited by etprescottaz01 on February 24th, 2021, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

h8pvmnt

Re: Walther P38 - Spreewerk CYQ

Post by h8pvmnt »

I have been wondering what collectors are to do with there guns after there found. We really don't have an opportunity to show them, in fact in most cases we hide them. Unlike a classic car guns are either in museums or seldom see the light of day. A gun show is not that at all. So this is an interesting way to show some of the cool things one might have. I find the history of such guns fascinating. The fact that there is a story even if its not 100% known makes them that much more interesting. I appreciate the few i have seen you share recently. I still feel a bit weird about posting too much info online as it is so easy for someone to track you down and target you. Maybe that's paranoid. I have posted a few pictures of things that are interesting in my meager collection but not much. I have not been lucky enough to have the kinds of historical finds that you have shared lately. Again thanks for sharing.
My66coupe

Post by My66coupe »

Nice one. I have a Mauser (BYF) made in 43.
samnev

Post by samnev »

You seem to be a very fortunate and lucky collector. I lived in Prescott for 25 years and never found not only a cya P38 rig but also the HSC rig!!!
Azsurplus79
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Azsurplus79 »

That is a beautiful piece of history, I have a byf44 and it's a dream to shoot and never jammed on me.