my summer C&R finds, turk mauser and vietnam SKSs

Discuss curio and relic, and other antique firearms here.
SyLynSur
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

my summer C&R finds, turk mauser and vietnam SKSs

Post by SyLynSur »

hey guys! just wanted to share what i lucked out on, in my opinion.

I got one of those turk Mauser barreled receivers from century? or whoever i forgot already.

I think i got a keeper as its all matching maybe bolt is not? with a 1938 date on her, found a complete 1938 stock on ebay in great complete original condition, she dropped right in. cleaning rod and all. blue is like 50%????

also found some of that Ethiopian surplus, its shoots ok, maybe my firing pin was sticky, I did a complete bolt tear down and solvent clean. but I had maybe two rounds out of ten NOT FIRE. ian from forgotten weapons did a review on this ammo and had the same conclusion. anyone else grab a turk rifle or Ethiopian 8mm over summer like me?

my next score was the surplus Chinese sks random picks from whoever it was, centerfire systems maybe? who knows. for 350 each, i had to grab two, knowing it would be the last of the 350 sks for ever.

Mine are both all matching, one is from 59 with a early serial.... I think and got a nice refurb before storage.. im assuming, as its much older, but blue is nice, stock looks clean with no marks, this might be a soviet build in china? hmmmmm arsenal /26\

now the other one is great in a different way, 70% blue, carvings in stock, beat up looking, but oh so beautiful. date is 67 i think, also a /26\

my cleaning process is pretty gentle, wood gets two citiri strip plastic brush scrubs in the shower. that stripper is inside friendly, non toxic, and oh so gentle. then the wood gets a few hours in the sun, One or two coats of tru oil by hand. and that it, I might sand down some storage marks, if I get OCD about it, but neither had any sand paper touch them, trigger groups go in the dishwasher then a hand dry/oil, bolts and action gets a hand q tip treatment, usually over the span of multiple days maybe doing an hour at a time.

3 rifles is alot of elbow grease and I dont really miss it