Luger Info

Discuss curio and relic, and other antique firearms here.
Robert1234
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Luger Info

Post by Robert1234 »

Thinking about maybe getting into a Luger. Shooter grade, and affordable not looking for a collectible.

Where's the best places in the Prescott area to look for one of these?

Also been looking for a reasonably priced Stoeger .22 Luger knockoff if anyone knows where one of these can be found.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

samnev

Re: Luger Info

Post by samnev »

in the 25 years I lived in Prescott I rarely saw a Luger for sale in any of the gun shops. You'll just have to make the rounds or go to the gun shows there which I think is your best bet.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

They had a stoger in pv guns but it may be gone the way stuff is selling lately
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Timing is everything. Classic Firearms just sent an email flier, small batch of Lugers:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/swiss-l ... c-surplus/
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

The Stoeger 22 I had was not a very good gun. I had it for the longest time and no matter what I tried I could get it to be reliable with any ammo I tried. If it did feed properly it didn’t eject properly. If it ejected properly it didn’t feed correctly. And it wasn’t all that accurate either. So just be aware that if you get one it may or may not be reliable.
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

High Standard wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 9:45 am The Stoeger 22 I had was not a very good gun. I had it for the longest time and no matter what I tried I could get it to be reliable with any ammo I tried. If it did feed properly it didn’t eject properly. If it ejected properly it didn’t feed correctly. And it wasn’t all that accurate either. So just be aware that if you get one it may or may not be reliable.
For some reason, I dig those Stoeger Lugers. Can't find one at a decent price though.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

Robert1234 wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 10:44 pm
High Standard wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 9:45 am The Stoeger 22 I had was not a very good gun. I had it for the longest time and no matter what I tried I could get it to be reliable with any ammo I tried. If it did feed properly it didn’t eject properly. If it ejected properly it didn’t feed correctly. And it wasn’t all that accurate either. So just be aware that if you get one it may or may not be reliable.
For some reason, I dig those Stoeger Lugers. Can't find one at a decent price though.
I believe I saw one yesterday at Desert Eagle Guns here in PV. If my memory is correct (and it isn’t quite often) I think it was in the $200 range. Forgive me if my memory is not correct. They are currently only open M-F until 3:00pm.

I really liked mine even tho I could not get it to run reliably. I wish I had not gotten rid of it.
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

High Standard wrote: December 4th, 2020, 2:50 pm
I believe I saw one yesterday at Desert Eagle Guns here in PV. If my memory is correct (and it isn’t quite often) I think it was in the $200 range. Forgive me if my memory is not correct. They are currently only open M-F until 3:00pm.

I really liked mine even tho I could not get it to run reliably. I wish I had not gotten rid of it.
Looks like I need to take a trip to Desert Eagle Guns...
rbking

Post by rbking »

There is often confusion regarding the replica .22 Lugers. Actually there were 3 different manufacturers. The 2 most common, were the Stoeger and the West German Erma. Avoid the Erma like the plague. It was mostly made of Zinc die castings. That aren't durable. Almost guaranteed to self destruct.

The Stoeger was much better quality, but were made by at least 2 different manufacturers over it's 15+ year production run. The last ones even had cast steel frames.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

Robert1234 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Did you ever make it out there?
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

High Standard wrote: December 11th, 2020, 11:26 am
Robert1234 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Did you ever make it out there?
Yeah, they wanted $425.00. Everything I've read on those guns is they're a $250.00 - $300.00 gun, and they're almost never reliable. I'll keep looking.
cjr

Post by cjr »

High country, high prices!