Luger Info

Discuss curio and relic, and other antique firearms here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Robert1234
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 66
Joined: November 2nd, 2019, 11:31 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Prescott AZ

Luger Info

#1

Post by Robert1234 »

Thinking about maybe getting into a Luger. Shooter grade, and affordable not looking for a collectible.

Where's the best places in the Prescott area to look for one of these?

Also been looking for a reasonably priced Stoeger .22 Luger knockoff if anyone knows where one of these can be found.

Thanks in advance.

Bob


User avatar
samnev
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 572
Joined: May 15th, 2018, 8:27 am
Reputation: 2
Location: Surprise, AZ

Re: Luger Info

#2

Post by samnev »

in the 25 years I lived in Prescott I rarely saw a Luger for sale in any of the gun shops. You'll just have to make the rounds or go to the gun shows there which I think is your best bet.
User avatar
omegaman
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 181
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:51 pm
Reputation: 2

Re: Luger Info

#3

Post by omegaman »

They had a stoger in pv guns but it may be gone the way stuff is selling lately
User avatar
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: June 3rd, 2018, 10:01 am
Reputation: 9
Location: NW Valley

Re: Luger Info

#4

Post by YNOTAZ »

Timing is everything. Classic Firearms just sent an email flier, small batch of Lugers:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/swiss-l ... c-surplus/
User avatar
High Standard
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 226
Joined: November 4th, 2019, 8:12 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Prescott Valley

Re: Luger Info

#5

Post by High Standard »

The Stoeger 22 I had was not a very good gun. I had it for the longest time and no matter what I tried I could get it to be reliable with any ammo I tried. If it did feed properly it didn’t eject properly. If it ejected properly it didn’t feed correctly. And it wasn’t all that accurate either. So just be aware that if you get one it may or may not be reliable.
User avatar
Robert1234
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 66
Joined: November 2nd, 2019, 11:31 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Prescott AZ

Re: Luger Info

#6

Post by Robert1234 »

High Standard wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 9:45 am The Stoeger 22 I had was not a very good gun. I had it for the longest time and no matter what I tried I could get it to be reliable with any ammo I tried. If it did feed properly it didn’t eject properly. If it ejected properly it didn’t feed correctly. And it wasn’t all that accurate either. So just be aware that if you get one it may or may not be reliable.
For some reason, I dig those Stoeger Lugers. Can't find one at a decent price though.
User avatar
High Standard
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 226
Joined: November 4th, 2019, 8:12 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Prescott Valley

Re: Luger Info

#7

Post by High Standard »

Robert1234 wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 10:44 pm
High Standard wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 9:45 am The Stoeger 22 I had was not a very good gun. I had it for the longest time and no matter what I tried I could get it to be reliable with any ammo I tried. If it did feed properly it didn’t eject properly. If it ejected properly it didn’t feed correctly. And it wasn’t all that accurate either. So just be aware that if you get one it may or may not be reliable.
For some reason, I dig those Stoeger Lugers. Can't find one at a decent price though.
I believe I saw one yesterday at Desert Eagle Guns here in PV. If my memory is correct (and it isn’t quite often) I think it was in the $200 range. Forgive me if my memory is not correct. They are currently only open M-F until 3:00pm.

I really liked mine even tho I could not get it to run reliably. I wish I had not gotten rid of it.
User avatar
Robert1234
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 66
Joined: November 2nd, 2019, 11:31 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Prescott AZ

Re: Luger Info

#8

Post by Robert1234 »

High Standard wrote: December 4th, 2020, 2:50 pm
Robert1234 wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 10:44 pm
High Standard wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 9:45 am The Stoeger 22 I had was not a very good gun. I had it for the longest time and no matter what I tried I could get it to be reliable with any ammo I tried. If it did feed properly it didn’t eject properly. If it ejected properly it didn’t feed correctly. And it wasn’t all that accurate either. So just be aware that if you get one it may or may not be reliable.
For some reason, I dig those Stoeger Lugers. Can't find one at a decent price though.
I believe I saw one yesterday at Desert Eagle Guns here in PV. If my memory is correct (and it isn’t quite often) I think it was in the $200 range. Forgive me if my memory is not correct. They are currently only open M-F until 3:00pm.

I really liked mine even tho I could not get it to run reliably. I wish I had not gotten rid of it.
Looks like I need to take a trip to Desert Eagle Guns...
User avatar
rbking
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 36
Joined: November 7th, 2019, 9:36 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Salome

Re: Luger Info

#9

Post by rbking »

There is often confusion regarding the replica .22 Lugers. Actually there were 3 different manufacturers. The 2 most common, were the Stoeger and the West German Erma. Avoid the Erma like the plague. It was mostly made of Zinc die castings. That aren't durable. Almost guaranteed to self destruct.

The Stoeger was much better quality, but were made by at least 2 different manufacturers over it's 15+ year production run. The last ones even had cast steel frames.
User avatar
High Standard
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 226
Joined: November 4th, 2019, 8:12 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Prescott Valley

Re: Luger Info

#10

Post by High Standard »

Robert1234 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 10:31 pm
High Standard wrote: December 4th, 2020, 2:50 pm
Robert1234 wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 10:44 pm

For some reason, I dig those Stoeger Lugers. Can't find one at a decent price though.
I believe I saw one yesterday at Desert Eagle Guns here in PV. If my memory is correct (and it isn’t quite often) I think it was in the $200 range. Forgive me if my memory is not correct. They are currently only open M-F until 3:00pm.

I really liked mine even tho I could not get it to run reliably. I wish I had not gotten rid of it.
Looks like I need to take a trip to Desert Eagle Guns...
Did you ever make it out there?
User avatar
Robert1234
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 66
Joined: November 2nd, 2019, 11:31 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Prescott AZ

Re: Luger Info

#11

Post by Robert1234 »

High Standard wrote: December 11th, 2020, 11:26 am
Robert1234 wrote: December 4th, 2020, 10:31 pm
High Standard wrote: December 4th, 2020, 2:50 pm
I believe I saw one yesterday at Desert Eagle Guns here in PV. If my memory is correct (and it isn’t quite often) I think it was in the $200 range. Forgive me if my memory is not correct. They are currently only open M-F until 3:00pm.

I really liked mine even tho I could not get it to run reliably. I wish I had not gotten rid of it.
Looks like I need to take a trip to Desert Eagle Guns...
Did you ever make it out there?
Yeah, they wanted $425.00. Everything I've read on those guns is they're a $250.00 - $300.00 gun, and they're almost never reliable. I'll keep looking.
User avatar
cjr
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member
Posts: 79
Joined: May 29th, 2018, 7:12 am
Reputation: 1
Location: Goodyear

Re: Luger Info

#12

Post by cjr »

High country, high prices!
Post Reply