Tavor TS12 - and Tavor in general...

Discuss shotguns.
BigNate
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Tavor TS12 - and Tavor in general...

Post by BigNate »

Does anyone here have experience with the Tavor TS12? My kid is looking at one - seems like a cool novelty gun - curious if folks here have shot them.

Also - I have zero experience with Tavor as a brand. The interwebs seem to like them - are they as solid as they seem to be?

Rrhookup
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Tavor TS12 - and Tavor in general...

Post by Rrhookup »

I own a 18” Tavor SAR (5.56x45)for a few years, a 16.5” Tavor 7(7.62x51)for a few months and picking up a TS12 next week. The SAR is solid bullpup rifle with great reliability. Used it in 4 or 5 rifle courses to get comfortable with the controls and features. Compact, mild recoil, good 2moa shooter. Only shot the Tavor 7 on one 300 rd outing. Heavier than my SCAR17 but weight is balanced closer to my body so feels extremely comfortable. Not as accurate as the SCAR but shot 2-2.5 moa all day long. Like the SCAR’s the Tavors are bit expensive but worth the extra coin. The SAR is my go to CQB rifle and primary home defense weapon. Based on my IWI experiences thus far I think the TS-12 is going to be a great weapon system.
QuietM4

Re: Tavor TS12 - and Tavor in general...

Post by QuietM4 »

I think the word “novelty” sums it up pretty well.

2-2.5 MOA is unacceptable, IMO.