Browning Citori

Discuss shotguns.
rjscolonel
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Browning Citori

Post by rjscolonel »

I have a Browning Citori grade 1 that I believe is unfired. I got it years ago from an older gentleman who passed away and I don't believe he fired it. I checked Browning serial numbers and it comes back to 1981 and was made in Japan by B.C Miroku. Does anyone know if these are desirable shotguns or what it may be worth. I don't know if I should shoot it at this point or just keep it. Any information would be helpful.

Lobo2087

Re: Browning Citori

Post by Lobo2087 »

If it has a pistol grip it is a hunter 600-1000 likely value depending on where you sell it. Nice shotguns, I would love one if I had play money lying around
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Shoot it. Just take care of it and clean it after shooting and it will retain its value.
Unless you have the original box and paperwork it is just a used gun.
They are not worth as much as the Belgium guns are , but they are still nice guns.
What gauge is it ?
Flash

Post by Flash »

I see those selling for around $1K if they're in excellent condition or close to NIB
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Shoot it hunt with it and enjoy it. Great high quality shotguns. Quality guns always retain value.
rjscolonel

Post by rjscolonel »

It is a 12 gauge with 26inch barrel. Thanks for the replies.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Without seeing it , I would say $800 and up.
Probably more in the " up " category.
jledman

Post by jledman »

I got one for $650 from an old vet a while back who shot the crap out of it with the old beat up old box. Think the price tag on the box was around $850. I have shot the crap out of it and love it dearly. It's shows it's age and I like that because I don't have to worry about scratching it. Tom Larkin with The Stock Shop comes out to Ben Avery every season for the shotgun tournaments and has repaired mine due to heavy usage.

Serious shooters use upgraded weapons as their skill sets improve. There's alot of Citoris out there and there is not much upside in pricing as not too many young guys shoot shotguns, especially out here, more so in the midwest.

Get a beater and save that one for someone else, or go to Ben Avery and shoot sporting clays or skeet to your hearts content.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I have several, field and trap grade, both have been run thru the gauntlet, and still are tight as can be, whilst my 101 rattles like a snake. but they all shoot and if doing my part, i can do a respectable 99 outta a hundred, or could when on my game. both the citori jap or otherwise, are great shooters and excellent quality, and the 101 well let me tell you finest shooters made
Rj
magaskins
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by magaskins »

knockonit wrote: May 9th, 2020, 5:27 am I have several, field and trap grade, both have been run thru the gauntlet, and still are tight as can be, whilst my 101 rattles like a snake. but they all shoot and if doing my part, i can do a respectable 99 outta a hundred, or could when on my game. both the citori jap or otherwise, are great shooters and excellent quality, and the 101 well let me tell you finest shooters made
Rj
We have to find a place to take my trailer out sometime..
Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Cbvanb »

rjscolonel wrote: May 8th, 2020, 5:36 pm It is a 12 gauge with 26inch barrel. Thanks for the replies.
That sounds like it might be an Upland model. Does it have a pistol grip or straight English stock?