Looking for help with a Mossberg 930 JM Pro

Discuss shotguns.
Geekmedic
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Looking for help with a Mossberg 930 JM Pro

Post by Geekmedic »

I own a 930 that has given me fits from day 1. When it shoots it is so much fun, but then inevitably it will start failing to eject. I ran 1300+ loads for the first 300+ rounds and that decreased how often it happens, but it has never gone away. I called Mossberg and they sent out another shell stop assembly saying that would fix the problem. It didn't. After the last class I ran with it I became so frustrated I parked it and bought a Benelli M1 super 90. Although that fixed the immediate problem I am now stuck with a gun that doesn't run well. I'd rather get it running right as I'm not willing to sell it just to give the problem to someone else. I was hoping someone here had experienced the same problems and might be able to share some information that could help. Thanks.

Kinked_Chrome

Re: Looking for help with a Mossberg 930 JM Pro

Post by Kinked_Chrome »

I had the same problem with mine. I think the first box of ammo I had an FTE. I polished the chamber a bit and havent had a problem since.
mallic

Post by mallic »

Dang man, that sucks. I have the exact same shotgun and have had no issues. Granted, it's only had fairly powerful 00 buck rounds through it, and I lube the hell out of the moving bits.
Ben7

Post by Ben7 »

No issues with mine either. Does get dirty pretty fast, but I reload for it with Red Dot, which is a pretty dirty powder.