New guy here looking for info on stoeger pumps

Discuss shotguns.
AZdad2-3
New to ArizonaShooting.org

New guy here looking for info on stoeger pumps

Post by AZdad2-3 »

Not sure where to start in my younger days loved hunting and shooting all the time but stoped in my early 20’s.
Now thirty years later getting back into it.
Bought a browning BPS a couple years ago and love it, now I’m looking to add a new pump.
Multi purpose of course home defense and bird.
I’ve been looking at the stoeger M3000 for the multi purpose and the M3500 just for birds.
They both seem to be quality built yet I would like feedback from anyone who may have or had one in the past.
Any info would be much appreciated.

knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: New guy here looking for info on stoeger pumps

Post by knockonit »

shot sporting clays with the 3k, love the enertia side of it, slight recoil, excellent for me on target, its the only other shotgun i used at sporting clays other than my over and unders
stoeger makes decent units, and have friends who own one or more, and have heard no negative other than they can't hit crap anyway, lol. just kidding

are the more expensive and better units, probably, but once i find something that works for me, i'm satisified till the next really have to have new shiney comes along
best of luck with shooting.
Rj
Hac

Post by Hac »

My hunting buddy purchased a stoeger M2000 when they first came out, he hunted the crap out of it, I since purchased it and use it as a loaner gun that weapon has never failed in the field with any load,
AZdad2-3

Post by AZdad2-3 »

knockonit wrote: March 29th, 2020, 6:47 pm shot sporting clays with the 3k, love the enertia side of it, slight recoil, excellent for me on target, its the only other shotgun i used at sporting clays other than my over and unders
stoeger makes decent units, and have friends who own one or more, and have heard no negative other than they can't hit crap anyway, lol.
just kidding

are the more expensive and better units, probably, but once i find something that works for me, i'm satisified till the next really have to have new shiney comes along
best of luck with shooting.
Rj
RJ
Thank you for the input, I felt good about this just wanted to hear from someone with actual hands experience.
I like new shiny things too lol so off I go for a new stoeger .
AZdad2-3

Post by AZdad2-3 »

Hac wrote: March 29th, 2020, 7:48 pm My hunting buddy purchased a stoeger M2000 when they first came out, he hunted the crap out of it, I since purchased it and use it as a loaner gun that weapon has never failed in the field with any load,
Hac
Thanks for that information makes my decision much easier. As knockonit said I like shines new things. My wife said your getting close to retirement find a good hobby. Next venture reloading 😎.
Hope she still likes me after that lol.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

AZdad2-3 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 10:41 am
Hac wrote: March 29th, 2020, 7:48 pm My hunting buddy purchased a stoeger M2000 when they first came out, he hunted the crap out of it, I since purchased it and use it as a loaner gun that weapon has never failed in the field with any load,
Hac
Thanks for that information makes my decision much easier. As knockonit said I like shines new things. My wife said your getting close to retirement find a good hobby. Next venture reloading 😎.
Hope she still likes me after that lol.

she will soon say she has created a monster, so to speak, like shooters reloading is an addiction, imo
Rj
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

I got an M3000 here but haven't shot it yet. Seems fairly slick like a Winchester 1300
digger2

Post by digger2 »

Stoeger is a wholly owned subsidiary of Benelli, which in turn is owned by Italian firearms manufacturer Beretta. Pretty good lineage there
Stray Horse

Post by Stray Horse »

I have a p350 and haven't had anythimg bad to say. I'm sure the newer ones are better.