Mossberg shockwave vs Rem 870 Tac

Discuss shotguns.
Untiro
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Mossberg shockwave vs Rem 870 Tac

Post by Untiro »

Anyone used the Mossberg shockwave side by side with the Remington 870 TAC?

QuietM4

Re: Mossberg shockwave vs Rem 870 Tac

Post by QuietM4 »

I have the Mossberg, my buddy has the Remington. They shoot the same, no difference there. I think the Remington may be a better value since it already has the Magpul forend. The Mossberg can handle the Mini-Shells if you get the OPSOL adapter, not sure if anything like that exists for the Remington. I don't think more aftermarket accessories exist for one over the other, but it will most likely come down to your mfg preference.
effjaybay

Post by effjaybay »

I think I'd prefer the Mossberg only because it holds one more shell than the Rem.
Homestead defence

Post by Homestead defence »

I am going with a mossberg and a brace.. Great SBS
Berd

Post by Berd »

Either are equally worthless without some kind of butt stock or brace.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

They are a tool.

Several folks are developing some tactics/techniques for use beyond point and shoot from the hip. Suarez seems to have something with his method. He likes a dot sight and high head level hold. The way these respond to recoil with the shockwave grip recoil is more down than back so holding high doesn't tend to blacken eyes or break noses like pistol grip shotguns do when holding the same way. Again proper tactics and experience makes a huge difference. The dot makes for very good accuracy when used within the shotguns range limitations.

Some are trying the center mass laser so they have more options. Either way you have to commit to some training or practice or the platform won't be much more than useless.

Like I said they're tools. It's hard enough to hit stuff with pistol grip shotguns without practice training and techniques and the shockwave is more so. This said, if using them properly they can no doubt be a fast effective close in danger removal tool.
Untiro

Post by Untiro »

Thanks for that analogy Crippledtrigger
ArizonaGreenTea
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by ArizonaGreenTea »

Crippledtrigger wrote: May 18th, 2018, 7:32 am They are a tool.

Several folks are developing some tactics/techniques for use beyond point and shoot from the hip. Suarez seems to have something with his method. He likes a dot sight and high head level hold. The way these respond to recoil with the shockwave grip recoil is more down than back so holding high doesn't tend to blacken eyes or break noses like pistol grip shotguns do when holding the same way. Again proper tactics and experience makes a huge difference. The dot makes for very good accuracy when used within the shotguns range limitations.

Some are trying the center mass laser so they have more options. Either way you have to commit to some training or practice or the platform won't be much more than useless.

Like I said they're tools. It's hard enough to hit stuff with pistol grip shotguns without practice training and techniques and the shockwave is more so. This said, if using them properly they can no doubt be a fast effective close in danger removal tool.
Very true.

If the topic isn't just choice between the two, frankly, I'd go with the Moss 930T-SPX. I believe there's a SBS version by Black Aces that's also very popular for *space* clearing.
Untiro

Post by Untiro »

Thanks for the suggestion but my shoulder repair doesn't allow for shouldering a 12ga anymore
ArizonaGreenTea

Post by ArizonaGreenTea »

Ah, well, if you've got like $2700 to spare, Fostech's Origin-12 seems to deal with recoil quite well for hipfire.
electrohawk

Post by electrohawk »

Hope this is not off topic...I tried to find a purpose for either of these "shorter" creations.

And I know their reputation vs the KSG, but this picture pretty much explains why I went KSG (These are not mine).

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Any help finding a REMINGTON - 870 TAC-14 20 GAUGE Shockwave Raptor aftermarket grip would be greatly appreciated.

Please PM me, I have been searching on the net for weeks with no results.
mikeAZ

Post by mikeAZ »

Just watched the video comparison on u tube... Hickok 45 feels they are just about equal ... The "nod" goes to Mossberg because of the 1 extra shell and that the mini adaptor is availibile.. I've been thinking?? about getting either one BUT I can never remember why???....
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

I've had hands on with both, but own the Mossberg because of the extra shell. I don't care for the forearm on the Mossberg though, so I modified a Hogue forearm to fit. It was fun to shoot for a bit when I first got it, but I haven't taken it it out of the safe since the first month I had it lol.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

They have started coming out with braces w/ pistol grips for them, so maybe I'll grab one of those and shoot it more.