Best place to buy Shotgun Accessories ?

Discuss shotguns.
storage_man
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Best place to buy Shotgun Accessories ?

Post by storage_man »

I'm really not a big accessory guy, rarely buy anything other than holsters & ammo. I have 2 shotties that need attention. Spent 2 hrs this afternoon, but couldn't get excited about any place.

Either online or local (Which is preferred).

Appreciate it :D

storage_man

Re: Best place to buy Shotgun Accessories ?

Post by storage_man »

OK - since I didn't get any RESPONSES ?, I decided to let my fingers to do the walking today on the internet ? LOL It only led me to AMAZON (AND I HATE THEM suckers). Been looking for a strap for the foregrip on the Remie Tack 14 pump (Yes I know Mossbergs come with them). The ONLY PLACE that had any was on AMAZON ! We are heading to ruin, AMAZON will own us all pretty soon !

Also wanted Left side saddle to hold a few more rounds. Lots of saddles out there, but only ONE is guaranteed to fit a TAC-14. Sigh - yes AMAZON again,
Intel6

Post by Intel6 »

Well when I saw your post you certainly werent very specific about what you were looking for? Shotgun accessories is kind of a vague term IMHO. I am a big fan of shotguns and typically if soemoen askes speciciaclly about something I had experience with I am happy to talk about it.

For instance if you had asked about a forend strap and a sidesaddle for a TAC 14 I would have answered as I went through this. I was looking for the forend strap for my sons TAC-14 and a sidel saddle doe my TAC-14 wood.

As far as forends straps I basically found what you did. The other option if you have the magpull forend you can also use the M lock system to make up a handstop arraingement or sling swivels to make a short strap. It works but it is kind of chunky.

As far as the side saddle goes I can tell you what I did with many of my SG's. I used to mess with the hard plastic type shell holders but now I have gone to soft removable holders held on by velcro.

You can get wide (2-3" I think) velcro from home depot and use the fuzz side to cover the side of your reciever. It is good because you take off the shellholder if you dont want it on and you just have fuzz on the side of the SG. There are a few options for holders (you can find a bunch of crap ones on Amazon since you like them :D ) but I jave found the best to be the shotgun cards made ESSTAC. They are rigid and have a 550 cord loops for easy removal. I have these on both my Tac 14 and my shockwave and also replaced the modifed plastic one I had on my 870 with the facotry humpback folding stock. The other thing is I can move the cards over to other guns or have preloaded replacements to slap on rather than have to reload them on the spot. The other thing is you can get different colors and version that hold 4/5/6/7 shells. I like the 6 rd because they dont extend too far back on the reciever.

You can get them from ESSTAC

I will attach a picture of my Tac 14 and Shockwave with them installed so you can see what I did.
Attachments
SG Short ammo web.jpg
Jsgunrepair

Post by Jsgunrepair »

I also like using the "hook and loop" shotgun cards as sidesaddles. That's what I am running on my Shockwave 12 and Remington Tac13. I have the older 'real' sidesaddle on my SBS Remington 870 entry gun, and to be honest I may switch it out soon. The ability to swap ammo loadouts in a heartbeat, rather than having to fight to get the shells out of the rubber loops is a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion. As far as the hand strap, there are a couple of options available. Leaving out the ones mentioned above, you can get a strap set from Remington or Mossberg directly, and mount it on your handguard (I recommend getting a second handguard like a Choate that has more material above the action slide, as it allows for a slightly larger screw and is more secure.)
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

There are some of each on Ebay.
Just put in Remingtion TAC 14 and they will show up.

For what the side saddles cost I think I would rather just put some extra shells in my pocket.