Rock Island VR80 Shotgun, 12 GA, 20 in, 5+1

Post by mikeAZ »

Anyone shooting one? Opinions?

Intel6
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Rock Island VR80 Shotgun, 12 GA, 20 in, 5+1

Post by Intel6 »

Getting lots of attention in the 3 gun community and so far people are liking the heck out of them. IT seems that you need to run some heavier loads through them to break it in but after that they run. The other good thing about them being picked up by the 3 gun community is there are already a lot of after market stuff being built for them. I don't shoot 3 gun but I am tempted just because I like shotguns. I will keep my eye on them and jump on one when I see it for a good deal.
mikeAZ

Post by mikeAZ »

No good deals yet, I have one coming had to pay $618+ $20 at my FFL. I've had Saiga' s, Vepr's.... None were good enough for sustained, repeatable use.... The RIA reviews seem very positive after break in.... We shall see....... Got the 19 rnd mags, long muzzle break, etc on the way. i had one of the Tooth and Nail 23 rder's but sold it to Big Malcom...
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

I put one on layaway at kygunco for $599, always free shipping
A couple have come thru the range, and they do need about a hundred rounds to feed reliably, after that, ran good.
RIA lifetime warranty, the same gun with the Panzer label on it costs about $380 with no warranty. I'll pay more for peace of mind.
Elftmann has a working relationship with my employer, and he brought in the only aftermarket drop in trigger for it. feels super nice too. Gonna put one of thems in.