Post by Steve_In_29 »

Remington has a semi-auto version of their Tac

https://www.remington.com/other-products/v3-tac-13

pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Remington V3 Tac

Post by pneuby »

There's a handful of videos posted on it now on the U Boob. I definitely like what I see. I just don't what sort of track-record that V3 semi has in the normal, 'shotgun', configuration. How long ago did Remmie introduce the model? I know that it's quite different from the 1100.
Madman
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Madman »

I love my Remington V3 field sport. Absolutely flawless function no matter what shells I've put through it and the best shooting semi 12 I've ever had. A huge improvement on the 1187. This little one should be just as awesome.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Due to its higher mag capacity I liked the Shockwave better than the Tac14 but this one has me thinking.

Though I imagine the semi-auto version might be more susceptible to inducing a short stroke absent a buttstuck planted into a shoulder.
Intel6

Post by Intel6 »

My Tac 14 hardwood came with a +1 extension and you can add one to the cheaper TAC 14's. I actually have both but have always preferred the Remington's over the Mossberg's, just a personal preference.

The short stroke thing is an issue with the inertia driven SG's and since the Tac-13 is a gas driven gun you wont have those types of issues with it.
g5m

Post by g5m »

Now, some months later, does anyone here have experience with these?
SFCBush

Post by SFCBush »

Mine is less than a month old, and I am up to about 750 rounds thru it.

Been 100% so far except for the box of Winchester Universal I got from Walmart. It was too weak to reliably work the action. Probably 10-15% failed to eject.

I will put up a list of everything I've run through it and a couple of photos tomorrow.

If you aim it, and don't try the hip fire "spray and pray" nonsense, it's actually pretty easy to hit with.

Less kick than my SBS pump guns, more like a 20 gauge.
SFCBush

Post by SFCBush »

So far my TAC-13 has been through the following 2.75" ammo with 100% reliability (any velocities listed are from the manufacturer);

Estate Heavy Game, birdshot, 1.125oz @ 1250fps
Winchester AA, birdshot, 1.125oz
Federal Gold Medal, birdshot, 1.125oz @ 1200fps
Remington Nitro 27, birdshot, 1.125oz @ 1235fps
Suprema, 00 buck, 9 pellet
S&B, #4 buck, 27 pellet
Rio, 00 buck, 9 pellet
Remington, birdshot, 1.0oz @ 1290
Tac13 tailgate reduced res.jpg
Untiro

Post by Untiro »

Darn! I have the 14 but that is a must have.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

MSRP starting at $915
PK90

Post by PK90 »

In stock for $800
Jsgunrepair

Post by Jsgunrepair »

I picked up one of the V3 Tac guns a while back from AJI. I was a bit apprehensive on the first trip out with it, due to experience with other semi auto SBS guns.

I lost all apprehension, and gain a *lot* of appreciation, after firing it the first time.

Pros: comparatively low recoil with standard loads vs the Mossberg shockwave. Decent accuracy out to about 15 yards or so ( wanted,to shoot farther but was limited by the location, will update when I am able to stretch it out a bit). 95% + reliability, out of a rather interesting selection of ammo it only failed to eject with S&B 2.5" OO buck, and only when I tried to shoot it one handed (I wanted to know if it would be possible, in a pinch.) 100% reliability with all other ammo choices ( all other ammo types were 2 3/4"; DDupleks "hexolit" 1 1/8oz steel slug (very unpleasant), Escourt OO low brass buck, Federal OO value pack, Federal 1oz slug value pack, Federal 1oz Truball slug, Federal low recoil 1oz slug, Fiocchi #4 buck, Fiocchi slugs, Rio OO buck, Rio #4 buck, Rio 1oz slugs, Remington OO, Remington 1oz slug, Remington "disintegrator" slug, Remington #4 buck, Remington 1oz #5 steel, Winchester 1oz slug, Winchester OO military, Winchester PDX1 "buck and ball" slug and OO load, Wolff OO, Wolff 1oz slug.)

Cons: almost no after market support for the V3, for some reason Remington left a vent rib on the barrel of this gun, which makes certain aftermarket sights slightly problematic, goofy "picatinny rail" section on the barrel band which is placed to close to the muzzle to be very useful.
azski2

Post by azski2 »

SFCBush wrote: June 16th, 2019, 2:12 pm So far my TAC-13 has been through the following 2.75" ammo with 100% reliability

A 70 year old friend of mine wants one but is worried about the kick. Is it bad? The only experience I have had with a pistol grip 12 gauge was one of pain.
azdover

Post by azdover »

azski2 wrote: January 25th, 2020, 5:30 pm
SFCBush wrote: June 16th, 2019, 2:12 pm So far my TAC-13 has been through the following 2.75" ammo with 100% reliability

A 70 year old friend of mine wants one but is worried about the kick. Is it bad? The only experience I have had with a pistol grip 12 gauge was one of pain.
I recently bought a V3 Tactical went rib with the 18.5" barrel and felt recoil feels a lot less than my 870 with the same rounds. My shoulder was a little stiff the next day but no bruises. Just tell your friend to test some different kinds of ammo. Mine worked reliably with most low recoil self defense OO buck and slugs plus some 7 1/2 bird shot, but didn't like some of the off brand low recoil slugs or Winchester #8 light target loads.