Mossberg 930 Gas Piston and Or3gun parts

Discuss shotguns.
Rebelpvtj
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Mossberg 930 Gas Piston and Or3gun parts

Post by Rebelpvtj »

So I’ve been looking on ways to extend the life of my 930, and increases reliability. I’ve seen SB pistons recommend (awaiting the next pre order to open) and the spacer and firearm piece from Or3gun along with their competition tunable recoil system. Has anyone here used these, and if your did were they worth the money? I rarely put more then 100 rounds through my 930 at any practice or event I shoot at, and detail clean it after each outing.

mallic
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Mossberg 930 Gas Piston and Or3gun parts

Post by mallic »

I'm interested as well. I have a 930 jm pro and have been thinking about dropping upgrades in it for years.
Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Cbvanb »

I’m interested also. I rarely shoot my 930, and wasn’t aware there were issues.
mallic

Post by mallic »

Cbvanb wrote: July 13th, 2023, 7:04 am I’m interested also. I rarely shoot my 930, and wasn’t aware there were issues.
Apparently if you let 400+ rounds down it or take it into wet environs and let it get dirty it gets jammy. Not really any problems we have to deal with in southern az, but some competition shooters have reported problems.
Rebelpvtj

Post by Rebelpvtj »

I’ve had several failure to feed issues. Even after proper break in, I have 4 out of 50 hulls fail to properly feed into the chamber after the empty hull has ejected while shooting doubles.

I ended up contacting Mossberg due to a separate issue with my 930, barrel gouging the magazine tube. They had me send it back in for repair. I also ended up finding a full Or3gun competition kit for a good price and have it on the way. Once I get my 930 back, I’ll put the kit in and let everyone know how it runs after the modifications.
mallic

Post by mallic »

Rebelpvtj wrote: July 25th, 2023, 7:02 pm I’ve had several failure to feed issues. Even after proper break in, I have 4 out of 50 hulls fail to properly feed into the chamber after the empty hull has ejected while shooting doubles.

I ended up contacting Mossberg due to a separate issue with my 930, barrel gouging the magazine tube. They had me send it back in for repair. I also ended up finding a full Or3gun competition kit for a good price and have it on the way. Once I get my 930 back, I’ll put the kit in and let everyone know how it runs after the modifications.
Any luck getting your gun back yet?
Rebelpvtj

Post by Rebelpvtj »

Just got it back today, installed the parts. I’ll be taking it out next Saturday for a round each of Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays.
Rebelpvtj

Post by Rebelpvtj »

Just got back from taking my 930 out. 250 rounds, 0 hiccups or issues. The action cycled much smoother and more “positive” then it did with the factory parts.

All the loads fired were full 1 1/8 oz #8’s.

As to spending the cost on Or3gun parts, if I hadn’t ran into the deal on a full competition internals kit for $120 I wouldn’t think it worth the cost for Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays. I can see the appeal for 3 gun, but that is where these were designed to shine.
Hooch33

Post by Hooch33 »

I have a ton of or3gun parts in my breaches model, marine tube yadda yadda, still won’t run 8 shot consistently, high brass no issues
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Probably not exactly identical, but those Mossberg sure look like my FN SLP.
It came with two pistons, one for light, and of course one for heavy, if Mossberg copied it they probably tried to make just one piston work.
Rebelpvtj

Post by Rebelpvtj »

Hooch33 wrote: December 28th, 2023, 7:43 pm I have a ton of or3gun parts in my breaches model, marine tube yadda yadda, still won’t run 8 shot consistently, high brass no issues
I also have a SB precision piston that I installed. But even before that my 930 handled #8 just as well as #6,7.5 haven’t fired any #9 yet.