What’s a good budget shotgun for waterfowl

Discuss shotguns.
Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What’s a good budget shotgun for waterfowl

Post by Steve_In_29 »

mallic wrote: September 4th, 2018, 4:21 pm At that price point, I would stay away from most semi-autos. Especially don't touch any turkish made ones. I have watched one shear it's bolt in half after 200 rounds of 00 buck.

H&R makes some cheap shotguns that seem to function well, but feel cheap.

There is also Maverick.

The mossberg 500 goes on sale frequently, but I doubt you are going to get two for 500 after tax.

All other good deals involve hunting around for a good price on used shotguns.
Turkish shotguns are pretty well thought of and even Mossberg feels confident enough to put their name on one. The Mossy 20G semi is simply a rebadged Turkish shotgun. Mossberg, "Made in America"...except when they aren't.

mallic

Re: What’s a good budget shotgun for waterfowl

Post by mallic »

Steve_In_29 wrote: September 5th, 2018, 5:33 pm
mallic wrote: September 4th, 2018, 4:21 pm At that price point, I would stay away from most semi-autos. Especially don't touch any turkish made ones. I have watched one shear it's bolt in half after 200 rounds of 00 buck.

H&R makes some cheap shotguns that seem to function well, but feel cheap.

There is also Maverick.

The mossberg 500 goes on sale frequently, but I doubt you are going to get two for 500 after tax.

All other good deals involve hunting around for a good price on used shotguns.
Turkish shotguns are pretty well thought of and even Mossberg feels confident enough to put their name on one. The Mossy 20G semi is simply a rebadged Turkish shotgun. Mossberg, "Made in America"...except when they aren't.
Every single turkish gun I have had has s*** the bed in ridiculously short order. Granted, I bought cheap turkish made guns, but still. I got an ATI gas powered semi-auto and like I said, it sheered it's bolt lug off in under 200 rounds of 00 buck. I also got a Sarsilmaz revolver and that piece of crap broke in a new way every single time I took it out to shoot and has had so many breakages, that it has only about 50 rounds through it. Eventually I gave up on fixing it and just gave it to someone as a project gun.