Sport Clays

Discuss shotguns.
Rriedy
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Sport Clays

Post by Rriedy »

Went sport clay shooting for the first time. Loved it. Now I've been researching a decent O/U for sport clay shooting. Looks like good value for money with the Yildiz Sporting HPS 12 guage.

https://www.academy.com/p/yildiz-sporti ... ou-shotgun

Anyone have one of these or have any other suggestions? Budget is <1k

Zpglass
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Sport Clays

Post by Zpglass »

Maybe check out Mossberg or CZ for that style of shotgun
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by knockonit »

probably out of production, shot clays with a browing citori and a winchester 101, wore the 101 out rattles pretty good, lol, those were the days, CZ makes a dandy gave a son in law one i picked up for xmas a year or two ago, figured i didn't need a huge stable of O/U.

good luck and good shooting
Rj
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

I have a Yildiz Pro. While it’s not the level of my DT-11, it’s a nice O/U for the money!
Rebelpvtj

Post by Rebelpvtj »

I tend to shy away from any Turkish made O/U or SXS. I’ve read too many instances of firing pin breakages, plus seen several sent back through my FFL and taking months for a return of said firearm. And at least 2 of them were returned with notices that a replacement part was unavailable.

Have you considered a semiautomatic? I ran sporting clays for a few years with my old Mossberg 500A and recently switched to a Mossberg 930 (yes, I’m partial to Mossberg). I honestly prefer my 930 so far, with the exception of how much cleaning it needs to run compared to my 500.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

I know your post is almost a year old. I started out with Sporting Clays and really enjoyed it. Not knowing how much you want spend is hard to answer your question. From my own experience I was shooting a Citori 725 Sporting. Around the $3,000 mark. However.. pretty much any shotgun will work if it fits you. A friend of mine shooting and 870 pump and smoke them. Some use the JAM O Matics. I bought and inexpensive Ruger (A-100( i think it is for my grandson. Then it was $700 for synthetic and $800 for wood. It does very well too. all that being considered... you will break clays as long has you put the barrel in the right spot. Go to a pattern board and see where your pattern is. this will help knowing what your shot is doing. Next the lead is most important, and lastly.. keep both eyes open. Practice ,.. Practice.. PRACTICE