Remington 870 DM with detachable box magazine

Discuss shotguns.
FireArmTom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Remington 870 DM with detachable box magazine

Post by FireArmTom »

I have a bunch of shotguns. Remington 870p iis one of my favorites.

Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

I bought a Tac14 DM because it was cheap with the Remington rebate. I haven't found any mags in stock, but I like the gun. With a brace it is pretty handy and I do like the option of keeping it unloaded with the ability to quickly load it. Hopefully somebody makes a drum so I can fulfill my ninja fantasies 😉😉
Toy00taco
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Toy00taco »

While I haven’t had my hands on one I do find it odd that the magazine release is on the front of the magwell. I think it would have been better placed at the rear and should not have been made to take proprietary magazines. As others have said I don’t find it difficult to load a magazine tube.
mtuck

Post by mtuck »

I picked one up on a whim while on super sale with a rebate ($230 shipped after rebate for the tactical version). For that price I was willing to take a chance. I figured it would be a novelty item but I actually kind of like it. The gun functions fine and I can't say I've ever had any problems with it. The mags are bit sticky at first but they do loosen up over time. The real problem was/is finding mags in stock. Did I need it? No. Do I like it? Yes.
fell

Post by fell »

AZ1 wrote: July 14th, 2018, 1:09 pm Anyone tried one? I think one with a short barrel and pistol brace would be handy. Two things that make me lose interest in these are the recent Remington quality issues and the $34 price tag on the 6 round magazines.
i think i have no problem with the prize tag, but i have issue with the qualty,
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

There are no mags to be had. With Remington out of business, they aren't selling any mags. People are selling them for $250 on Ebay & Gunbroker. I do believe who ever picked up Remington in the auction will start them up as it will be an easy cash cow with the pent up demand.

Hopefully, in the meantime, CS Spec will capitalize on it and start making their mags for it. I really like the CS Spec mags for my Vepr-12. I hate to say it, but hopefully Promag will make some drums for it as well. They ripped off the MD Arms Saiga drum design, so maybe they won't screw up attaching a Remington DM top half to it.