JTS MK12

Discuss shotguns.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

JTS MK12

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Same question as the Tavor. Anybody got one, and if so, what's your experience with it. I have one coming in I got at a stupid low price. Between the Tavor and this one, I saved enough for another gun :D

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

knockonit

Re: JTS MK12

Post by knockonit »

uh oh, you're gonna run outta room, much like hanging the shirts.
lol
Roadmaster
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Roadmaster »

I'm getting the TS12. what do you think about it?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Roadmaster wrote: May 24th, 2022, 10:17 pm I'm getting the TS12. what do you think about it?
I have one, great gun.

Clyde
OMart

Post by OMart »

Sold a bunch of them. I have heard they need buckshot or slugs to cycle properly unless you change the spring.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

OMart wrote: May 25th, 2022, 12:06 pm Sold a bunch of them. I have heard they need buckshot or slugs to cycle properly unless you change the spring.

The JTS or the TS12? My JTS AK runs cheap (federal) walmart ammo really well, so does the TS12.

Clyde
OMart

Post by OMart »

[/quote]

The JTS or the TS12? My JTS AK runs cheap (federal) walmart ammo really well, so does the TS12.

Clyde
[/quote]

The JTS. Just the feedback I have got from customers that have purchased them
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

OMart wrote: May 28th, 2022, 1:39 pm

The JTS. Just the feedback I have got from customers that have purchased them
Both run well with Federal, tried Remington and it just sucked ass. I picked up some of the 10rd mags when they were cheap, and oddly enough, they do not fit my Saiga, but my Saiga mags lock up tight in the JTS.

Brandon Herrera thinks they suck though :o

Clyde
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Roadmaster wrote: May 24th, 2022, 10:17 pm I'm getting the TS12. what do you think about it?
My kid has one. So far - great gun.

As a "man's toy" it is 11 of 10. It is absolutely a blast to shoot for fun.

If you plan to use it for any serious purpose (defensive use, sworn use, etc.) you had better plan to spend a bunch on ammunition for practice. The manual of arms is... well... different... as in different than any other gun I've ever shot. I could pick up a standard pump or semi auto shotgun and in a minute or two be pretty comfortable with its function, safety location, loading process, etc. If I were going to spend my life clearing houses and I had a choice between it and a typical pump - I'd take the TS12 - but I'd want to have thousands of rounds through it before betting my life on my muscle memory around its functions.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

OMart wrote: May 25th, 2022, 12:06 pm Sold a bunch of them. I have heard they need buckshot or slugs to cycle properly unless you change the spring.
My kid has put a bunch of basic birdshot through them. The only thing he's told me that it gagged on was some "low recoil / low noise" target ammo. Everything else, mostly whatever is off the shelf at Walmart, but also some defensive 00 Buck etc, has cycled just fine.

It has an adjustable gas system - and setting the gas system to "L" (light) is necessary if you are shooting non-magnum cartridges. I wonder if the folks saying that it would not cycle unless shooting buckshot or slugs were shooting it with the gas system on H (heavy) but with lighter rounds. Pic from the manual...
TS12Gas - Copy.JPG
OMart

Post by OMart »

BigNate wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 12:01 pm
My kid has put a bunch of basic birdshot through them. The only thing he's told me that it gagged on was some "low recoil / low noise" target ammo. Everything else, mostly whatever is off the shelf at Walmart, but also some defensive 00 Buck etc, has cycled just fine.

It has an adjustable gas system - and setting the gas system to "L" (light) is necessary if you are shooting non-magnum cartridges. I wonder if the folks saying that it would not cycle unless shooting buckshot or slugs were shooting it with the gas system on H (heavy) but with lighter rounds. Pic from the manual...

TS12Gas - Copy.JPG
Little different than what I have sold but good to know. We sell this https://www.rsrgroup.com/product/JTSM12AR-B1 but some of my customers are "special" and I don't think they always read the manual. It appears it also has and adjustable system. I will pass along the info. I do know they were shooting Winchester 8 shot from Walmart from the 100 round mega pack. Who knows how old it was because I have not seen that ammo in a minute.
Artful

Post by Artful »

I bought the JTS m12ar and manual states it needs 1250-1300fps to function which seems to check out in my trials. Found Winchester 00 buck 2 3/4 for sale at PSA and it functions fine found a #4 plated turkey load at Scheels for reasonable price for plinking with. The low recoil buck I had jammed it up.

Manual of Arms seems to be very AR15 like but it came with ambi magazine release but not Ambi safety lever? I need to buy a buck kicker x full choke to tighten my patterns though