Anyone have a Tavor TS12???

Discuss shotguns.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Anyone have a Tavor TS12???

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Pro2a wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 10:35 am
That is exactly my main concern. Have you ended up being able to easily flip it to the next 5/4?
I'm relieved to know that it runs all sorts of stuff. My Vepr12 has had a load of work, and still hiccups a bit.
I'll take it out and run it again next weekend, I'll let you know if it becomes more natural to perform that task.

Yep, semi autos can be finicky, you have to find what it likes or spend money getting it tuned. I had to take off front sight to drill out the gas port on a friends Saiga shorty, wouldn't run anything but 3". Now he can at least run high dram 2 3/4 out of his drum.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

mallic wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 9:24 am

Wow, that site has some great prices. Has an RFB at 300$ less than grabagun.
Yep, yep, and yep again. I saved enough buying from there to buy the JTS almost in it's entirety.

Clyde
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

kenpoprofessor wrote: August 20th, 2021, 6:42 am
Pro2a wrote: August 20th, 2021, 4:45 am
I'm not into bullpups, but after watching the complete sootch review, I'm intrigued.
Operating that magazine would be a new skill though

Indeed it does, it required some new procedural memory to adjust. I had it out last weekend and ran tons of different ammo, it liked the federal birdshot, and burps on the Winchester bird shot, low dram. Getting used to pressing the release and turning the cylinders is new, but not quite as complex as I thought it might be with a new design. I also ran my new JTS MK12 with it as well, and much like my Saiga, it doesn't like the Winchester. The Saiga mags fit the JTS and my DDI, but the JTS won't fit the Saiga (just a bit too big).

Clyde
My son bought one and the concern about the operating procedure is both real, and (in my opinion) minor. It is absolutely a different manual of arms than your normal pump action or AR, or... but within 100 rounds or so it starts to feel natural. If I were going to carry it into combat or for duty purposes I'd want a bunch of practice with it - to build "unconscious competence" - but that's not different than any other platform.

I've only shot it a couple of times - but he's probably got 1000 rounds through it. My understanding is that the only stuff that it has not happily eaten was some light load / low recoil stuff.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Haven't been able to bring mine out yet but recently picked one up in FDE. There is also a company out there that are great people to deal with that manufacture top quality accessories for the TS12. I've purchased both a muzzle brake and their bolt charging handle and can attest they are of the highest quality.

https://manticorearms.com/product-categ ... avor-ts12/
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

SupportTheSecond wrote: March 30th, 2022, 9:11 am Haven't been able to bring mine out yet but recently picked one up in FDE. There is also a company out there that are great people to deal with that manufacture top quality accessories for the TS12. I've purchased both a muzzle brake and their bolt charging handle and can attest they are of the highest quality.

https://manticorearms.com/product-categ ... avor-ts12/
Most folks say to break it in with hi power loads, then work down. I shot a few bucks and loaded it with some Federal cheap stuff, ran like a clock.

Clyde
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

Some one had one at the ole shooting hole last week. He let me shoot it and it worked quite well. I couldn't tell much difference from it to any other 12ga.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

omegaman wrote: March 31st, 2022, 3:12 pm Some one had one at the ole shooting hole last week. He let me shoot it and it worked quite well. I couldn't tell much difference from it to any other 12ga.
You must've not been handling the Tavor, it's very different. I have single shots, pumps, tube fed semi-autos, and mag fed semi-autos, and it's nothing like any of them.

Clyde
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

No it was one bullpup with the 3 tubes you could rotate kinda cool but I couldn't say it was any better or worse than my Sagia or Veper. Guess a side by side (no pun) test would be best to see if there was a significant difference to me.
SupportTheSecond

omegaman wrote: April 1st, 2022, 11:02 am No it was one bullpup with the 3 tubes you could rotate kinda cool but I couldn't say it was any better or worse than my Sagia or Veper. Guess a side by side (no pun) test would be best to see if there was a significant difference to me.
I have numerous 12 gauge platforms. Saiga 12, 1970's era Remington 870, Coach gun, Winchester pump. The obvious difference for me is that my TS12 is the easiest to use in a tight home environment. Don't try spinning around in a hallway with any of the others quickly you wouldn't make it. The Tavor is perfect for close quarters if needed.

Could be the difference between life and death so that's a big plus for me.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

I hear you, I was comparing strictly as dirt or competition shooting. For home defense it would be ideal one tube bird shot one buck and one slugs
SupportTheSecond

Follow up comments. I had the opportunity to use IWI's service and can say they are really focused on customer satisfaction like many other manufacturers. I had initially ordered my TS12 from Tombstone Tactical to be shipped to my local home based FFL.

My mistake when ordering the shotgun was not seeing the little two letters at the very end of the description "lh". Well I won't make that mistake again. Cost me 200.00 to have IWI switch the shotgun to a right handed ejection. But they were really fast and very helpful the whole way. This is one of the most well made weapons I own and that's saying something. Luckily I did obtain it on sale, my savings though went out the window.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

SupportTheSecond wrote: April 6th, 2022, 8:24 am Follow up comments. I had the opportunity to use IWI's service and can say they are really focused on customer satisfaction like many other manufacturers. I had initially ordered my TS12 from Tombstone Tactical to be shipped to my local home based FFL.

My mistake when ordering the shotgun was not seeing the little two letters at the very end of the description "lh". Well I won't make that mistake again. Cost me 200.00 to have IWI switch the shotgun to a right handed ejection. But they were really fast and very helpful the whole way. This is one of the most well made weapons I own and that's saying something. Luckily I did obtain it on sale, my savings though went out the window.
Good to hear that the IWI experience was good.

You might want to make Tombstone aware of your experience so that they can educate whomever is doing their posting on these things. I've done business with them and it has always been positive - I'd bet that their management would be glad to hear your story - and would encourage the folks that manage their web store to do something to prominently display "**** LEFT HANDED ****" or something on the posting.
SupportTheSecond

BigNate wrote: April 7th, 2022, 9:24 am
SupportTheSecond wrote: April 6th, 2022, 8:24 am Follow up comments. I had the opportunity to use IWI's service and can say they are really focused on customer satisfaction like many other manufacturers. I had initially ordered my TS12 from Tombstone Tactical to be shipped to my local home based FFL.

Good to hear that the IWI experience was good.

You might want to make Tombstone aware of your experience so that they can educate whomever is doing their posting on these things. I've done business with them and it has always been positive - I'd bet that their management would be glad to hear your story - and would encourage the folks that manage their web store to do something to prominently display "**** LEFT HANDED ****" or something on the posting.
Funny you should mention that as I did just that. Sent an email to them and said while it was my fault completely I felt that there should have been a pop up or other indicator that I was ordering a Left Handed configuration. They've never replied back.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

SupportTheSecond wrote: April 7th, 2022, 1:37 pm Funny you should mention that as I did just that. Sent an email to them and said while it was my fault completely I felt that there should have been a pop up or other indicator that I was ordering a Left Handed configuration. They've never replied back.
Hope it got to the right person... the fact that you got no reply means... well... yeah...

You tried anyway...
SupportTheSecond

BigNate wrote: April 7th, 2022, 2:20 pm
SupportTheSecond wrote: April 7th, 2022, 1:37 pm Funny you should mention that as I did just that. Sent an email to them and said while it was my fault completely I felt that there should have been a pop up or other indicator that I was ordering a Left Handed configuration. They've never replied back.
Hope it got to the right person... the fact that you got no reply means... well... yeah...

You tried anyway...
I may try another email address. I sent it to the sales@tombstonetactical.com listed on the website. I have purchased pretty much all my new weapons from them so it would have nice at least to get an acknowledgment that they got it after spending 3-4K in a few months.