Sig Sauer P365 SAS sight issues

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
lemerese
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Sig Sauer P365 SAS sight issues

Post by lemerese »

I just bought a new Sig P365 SAS and took it to the range. I put 100 rounds through it and really like the way it shoots. I tried three different types of ammo and had no FTF or FTE problems at all. The problem I do have is the sights on this pistol are very inaccurate. At 10 yards aiming at the center of target my shot grouping is 6"-8" left of center. I had other pistols at the range that day and all of them were right on target so I know it wasn't issues with my aim or eyesight. I obviously don't plan on using it for target shooting but that is ridiculous. Has anyone else had issues using the SAS sights?

Cubiclerevolt

Re: Sig Sauer P365 SAS sight issues

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

lemerese wrote: July 6th, 2020, 7:01 am I just bought a new Sig P365 SAS and took it to the range. I put 100 rounds through it and really like the way it shoots. I tried three different types of ammo and had no FTF or FTE problems at all. The problem I do have is the sights on this pistol are very inaccurate. At 10 yards aiming at the center of target my shot grouping is 6"-8" left of center. I had other pistols at the range that day and all of them were right on target so I know it wasn't issues with my aim or eyesight. I obviously don't plan on using it for target shooting but that is ridiculous. Has anyone else had issues using the SAS sights?
I love the 365. The SAS version and that sight that looks like you are looking at bubble bead on a leveler is weird. I couldn't make the adjustment with that version and stuck with the standard. Certain sights screw me up. Honestly, I am more accurate with that pistol than the other I shoot with.
sharp

Post by sharp »

lemerese wrote: July 6th, 2020, 7:01 am I just bought a new Sig P365 SAS and took it to the range. I put 100 rounds through it and really like the way it shoots. I tried three different types of ammo and had no FTF or FTE problems at all. The problem I do have is the sights on this pistol are very inaccurate. At 10 yards aiming at the center of target my shot grouping is 6"-8" left of center. I had other pistols at the range that day and all of them were right on target so I know it wasn't issues with my aim or eyesight. I obviously don't plan on using it for target shooting but that is ridiculous. Has anyone else had issues using the SAS sights?
I watched an online review video by Military Arms channel and he had the same issue. Had to return to Sig for replacement.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Solution to problem i certainly did not know existed. I do not like the sights. A buddy had one i got to try and i also stuck with the standard 365. Added an XL as well to the collection and am about to try the Romeo Zero on it.
birdleggs1

Post by birdleggs1 »

I have one with no issues, but my buddy had the same problem.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I bought the P365 about a week ago.
It came with 3 - 12 round magazines and a plastic holster.
It came with one magazine and I had to go to the Sig Sauer website to get the other two.
Apparently they are not making them fast enough to put in the box when you buy one.
They mailed them and they should be here today.
I haven't shot it yet but am looking forward to it.
A friend of mine has one and it shot great. That is why I bought mine.
curt1950
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by curt1950 »

I have the 365XL, I carry it most days. the magazines are made in Italy and they are having some problems there as you know and have been a little slow to send mags across the pond.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I shot mine yesterday.
It was shooting left and low also.
I shot 6 - 12 round magazines through it.
I am going to take it out once more and try different ammo.
If it still shoots left and low I will send it back.

From what I have read , shooting left is pretty common from the factory.
Is the guy sighting them in at the factory crosseyed ?
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

h8pvmnt wrote: July 8th, 2020, 10:48 am Solution to problem i certainly did not know existed. I do not like the sights. A buddy had one i got to try and i also stuck with the standard 365. Added an XL as well to the collection and am about to try the Romeo Zero on it.
I'm not terribly impressed with the Romeo Zero. I'd definitely never put one on a carry gun. I'd look for a Holosun 407k/507k if it's for a defensive pistol.