EFK Fire Dragon conversion barrels

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Chuck65
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

EFK Fire Dragon conversion barrels

Post by Chuck65 »

Wondering if anyone has used standard or conversion barrels from EFK Fire Dragon in Mesa. I have a Springer XDm 40 I was going to sell but decided to convert to 9mm instead. I was planning to buy a barrel from Storm Lake but they discontinued their conversion barrel for this pistol. Turns out EFK is local but I've never heard of them. Anyone have good or bad luck with their barrels?

curt1950
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: EFK Fire Dragon conversion barrels

Post by curt1950 »

I have a couple , they say it will have a more manageable recoil but I never noticed any difference. I have one for a sig 225 and another one for the 220. They shoot well but not that much better.
Harrier
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Harrier »

I bought one to convert my 40 XD to 9mm. I can't recall what the problem was, probably it wasn't accurate, but I wasn't happy with it at all... so I sold it and bought a Storm Lake and am much happier with it. Looking at my load data spreadsheet, the SL has a lot better accuracy than the EFK did, but this was back in 2016 so YMMV...

I'm surprised they discontinued the XD line of barrels... any report as to why? maybe they figured Glock was their mainstay and it wasn't worth the extra production time. I would do an extensive google search to see if anyone has one leftover in stock...

ETA...
According to their website...https://www.storm-lake.com/products.html All of their XD barrels are still available... the 4.05" 40 to 9mm conversion is product #34110... however the 'Buy Now' button is missing... it's also missing from their Glock and S&W products. The only one they have a buy button for is the 1911's... I wonder if they had to stop for some legal reason like the patented barrel lockup/pivot system?

So far all the retailers I have checked show it as discontinued...
Looks like they are not an option any longer...
IF that is the case then EFK may be the next to disappear... better buy something now if you want it...

ETA... TopGun has some in stock - mostly Glock and one XD 9mm non-conversion barrel...

BoTach says they have 4 XD 40 to 9mm conversion barrels in stock...
https://botach.com/stormlake-conversion ... -to-9mm-4/
lemerese

Post by lemerese »

Anyone have any experience with their Sig Sauer conversion barrels. I have a .40 Cal P226 that I wanted to change over to a 9mm. Just wanted to know if the barrel works...any feeding or extraction issues using the .40 cal slide...etc. Thanks