S&W 629-4, 44 magnum

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Bigfoot
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: S&W 629-4, 44 magnum

Post by Bigfoot »

brandyspaw wrote: June 26th, 2020, 11:29 pm
Bigfoot wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:40 pm I don't see any drilling/taping for scope mounts though.
The holes are under the rear sight assembly so if it has been drilled/tapped you'd be able to see from under the top strap of the frame. Check out this video for clarification.

It's got those three holes. My eyes have trouble seeing the front sight anymore, so I may look into putting some optic on it then. Thanks

brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

I'd suggest a small red sight of some type then. I currently have a Leupold 2x power on my 8 3/8" M629 but I installed that several years ago before the proliferation of all the newer optics. (The picture below is of my current M629's except for my 4 inch. The full lug 8 3/8" at the bottom with the scope is pretty bulky.)

If I had it to do all over these days I'd likely go with a small red dot or RMR optic instead.
Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot »

brandyspaw wrote: June 29th, 2020, 9:41 am I'd suggest a small red sight of some type then. I currently have a Leupold 2x power on my 8 3/8" M629 but I installed that several years ago before the proliferation of all the newer optics. (The picture below is of my current M629's except for my 4 inch. The full lug 8 3/8" at the bottom with the scope is pretty bulky.)

If I had it to do all over these days I'd likely go with a small red dot or RMR optic instead.
I put a red dot on my 9, so that's the way I was leaning anyway. Thanks
jls in az

Post by jls in az »

Go with a quality (Leupold, Burris, Trjicon, etc) RMR or Red Dot. Some of the cheap Chinese stuff won't stand up to the recoil.
firearmsunlimited
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by firearmsunlimited »

If you give me the serial number I can tell you what year it shipped from the factory. S&W did not record production dates, only ship dates.