Light/laser

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Vaultboy
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Light/laser

Post by Vaultboy »

I’ve never had an add on such as a laser or flashlight but am considering for just Hellcat. Do these add significant weight? Harder to holster?

I see they range from 60.00 to a few hundred. I’m guessing more expensive ones have more bells and whistles or lighter etc?

QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Light/laser

Post by QuietM4 »

More difficult to find a holster you like, reliant on batteries (meaning the odds of it working when you really need it to diminish every day).

Lasers are only really useful in low or no light situations...nearly impossible to see during the day, especially when shined on dark clothing.

Hope you aren't color blind.

Streamlight TL-8 is is just about as small as you can get with a light/laser combo that is worth buying. The gun may be too new, but I'm sure Crimsontrace has or will make a laser for it.

Personally, I'd rather spend the money on ammo or training with the Hellcat. You would really benefit on a point shooting course.

Or just carry a nice Surefire or other hand held for EDC.
Vaultboy

Post by Vaultboy »

Thanks for the replay. Makes sense. I appreciate it. Money saved...well in that anyhow lol
impulse

Post by impulse »

I would add a flashlight for sure, and if your Hellcat is the OSP model throw a red dot on there. Tier1 can pretty much make a holster for any gun/light combo. The new TLR7 is nice and compact for the lumen output.
Vaultboy

Post by Vaultboy »

Yes it’s the OSP model
ShaneWilder

Post by ShaneWilder »

Light is good, but I'd forget about the laser and go with a red dot. Disclaimer here, as I have no hands-on experience with your Hellcat, but generally speaking I'm not a fan of lasers. Suggest a red dot with a window that allows you to "co-witness" with your iron sights if possible. A good red dot will improve your accuracy substantially with your Hellcat's short barrel. Jus sayin'...
Goodluck!
SW
ShortRound

Post by ShortRound »

I agree, skip the laser. I recently put a light and laser combo on my Glock 19. A Streamlight TLR -6. I initially aligned the laser with the iron sights, then just last week I went to the range and shot with it for the first time. After fine tuning it, and shooting 3 magazines through it, the laser would not hold zero very well at all. I'll keep it on the pistol for the purpose of the flashlight, but I have no confidence in the laser function.

And yeah, finding a holster for it is difficult as well.