Extar EP9

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Ballistic Therapy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Extar EP9

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

And they are now out of stock.

knockonit

Post by knockonit »

hehe, going out tomorrow and see how it runs
Rj
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

knockonit wrote: March 9th, 2021, 5:19 pm hehe, going out tomorrow and see how it runs
Rj
Nice! I have not been able to just yet but hope too soon.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Got a chance to burn some ammo through mine, slapped a vortex crossfire on it since it was cheap and light. She ran great and a blast to shoot. Highly suggest picking one up if you haven’t!
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Got an email Friday that my number came up to get one, ordered it with the case and extra rail sections package and its at the dealer today ready to pick up. Heading there later. Slap a Holoson Green dot on it and see what it does. I like that its made in AZ. Not excited about the plastic FCG but i doubt ill shoot it enough to break it.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

https://auctionarmory.com/shop/sales-da ... -in-stock/

I am in the waiting list too...this place shows them in stock for $419
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well, while i like the little guy, it did and does have some issues, we finally narrowed it down,
issue is as following; after installing holosun green dot, which by the way can be easily fubared if one does not pay attention to torque the composite rail seems to flex considerabaly.
anyway, we attempted to zero in, and well was a trying experience, (just for the naysayers, boys with me are pretty good, well i'd say excellent at doing this as well as i do alright meself, don't want them to get a big head, it might cost me next time, lol)
but it was all over the place, so the we went thru the process of elimination. and eventually came up on what could be one of two issues.
we found the flash hiders was peeling lead off the coated bullets, so on removal of the flash hider we had much better success of getting it to print properly on paper. so the issue is the barrel is threaded wrong, or the flash hider is not concentric to barrel, with that said, we probably could have eliminated this IF we had had another flash hider to try, so now have to wait for the next trip to see ;;what, who, ect. but have to say its a hoot to shoot, no regrets, we had planned on giving it a go with a suppressor, but chose not to endanger the life long waited list item
Rj
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

That Is not good. I just picked mine up, have not had time to even take apart yet. Need to get a .35 cal suppressor alignment rod and see if the barrel thread concentricity is off. Id be sending that one back if that's the case. I will mount a Holosun Green Dot and get it to the range next week hopefully. Good tip on the torque on the rail, i am know for over-tightening fasteners....
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

h8pvmnt wrote: March 25th, 2021, 7:38 am That Is not good. I just picked mine up, have not had time to even take apart yet. Need to get a .35 cal suppressor alignment rod and see if the barrel thread concentricity is off. Id be sending that one back if that's the case. I will mount a Holosun Green Dot and get it to the range next week hopefully. Good tip on the torque on the rail, i am know for over-tightening fasteners....
yeah, on this trip was not prepared to deal with any issue, as it was a planned day of fun and relaxation, but still worked out, want to figure out issue before if needed to ship back, and didn't wanna damage the long wait item, if you get the drift, but as noted, was a hoot to shoot, its assuming not gonna be a real tack driver, but at a hundy yards was hitting thg gong ok,if one did their part.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Interesting, I did not experience the same with mine, I was careful not to crank down on the redot with the plastic rail but it seems solid and was practically sited upon install. I only had to make a few adjustments but did not put enough rounds down range to make it a tack driver(nor do I expect it to be) I did notice the rail on the barrel shroud is not perfectly flat with the receiver so you wouldn't want to span that gap but it did shoot consistent for me. I cant wait to get a suppressor on mine as well.

I seem to remember reading about an improper flash hiders somewhere but it seemed like an oddity. Once you narrow down the issue I would reach out to extar about it.

RJ If it helps I can pop off the flash hider on mine to try on yours? Or we can compare the two if needed.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

naw have others to try out, appreciate the offer, but the ole boys and me will have it fingered on our next day trip end of next week, also dealing with getting an ar45 to run consistant
happy thursday
rj
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

Extar EP9 in Stock While Supplies Last

We have added EP9 stock quantity to here. Please note demand is extremely high, and inventory is usually sold out in under an hour. Your purchase is not complete until your payment has been processed

3:02 pm
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I don't blame 'ya, them long-wait items are pretty damned pricey in their own right.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I took one of these out today.
Took it out of the box and put a cheap Sig Romeo on it.
The think shot flawlessly with several different types of ammo.
Between my wife and I , we shot 500 rounds through it without a problem one.
Once it was sighted in I could keep the bullets in a 3 inch group at 25 yards standing very easy.
I like it and would recommend this as a good little shooter.
My wife really liked it.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

Haven’t paid much attention to this thread until now. Very interested in this gun. Been looking to get an “AR” platform pistol and this looks nice. Cheap and seems to run good.