Extar EP9

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
Brian45
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Extar EP9

Post by Brian45 »

I was curious if anybody here has owned or shot an EP9? Most of the reviews I have seen are very favorable but I'd like to hear from someone that doesn't review guns "professionally" and may have given a positive review just because they got a free weapon.

Here's a link if you haven't seen one before:

https://www.extarusa.com/shop/firearms/ep9

rockbronco
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Extar EP9

Post by rockbronco »

I have a friend that has owned one for a while and he loves the thing. Just a all around fun shooter. For the price I wouldn’t mind picking one up but they can be hard to get. You need to hawk the website just right to place an order fast enough before they sell out for the day or week.
Brian45

Post by Brian45 »

rockbronco wrote: June 13th, 2020, 1:10 pm You need to hawk the website just right to place an order fast enough before they sell out for the day or week.
No doubt. I checked every day for over a week and only saw it in stock once.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

The website is interesting in that I only see the 9mm version listed anymore. They used to have a .45 and a 10mm a couple years ago when they first came out.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I don't think I've seeny anything BUT positive in all of the YouTube I've viewed on that gun. Much or most of it from tiny channels that wouldn't even BLIP on a manufacturer's radar. SO, you know there's no 'free gun' incentive, like Hickup45, or IrateVet88888888, Smooch, etc.
Brian45

Post by Brian45 »

pneuby wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:14 pm I don't think I've seeny anything BUT positive in all of the YouTube I've viewed on that gun. Much or most of it from tiny channels that wouldn't even BLIP on a manufacturer's radar. SO, you know there's no 'free gun' incentive, like Hickup45, or IrateVet88888888, Smooch, etc.
Good call.
Suck My Glock wrote: June 13th, 2020, 5:58 pm The website is interesting in that I only see the 9mm version listed anymore. They used to have a .45 and a 10mm a couple years ago when they first came out.
They also used to have a 5.56 version of this pistol but they sold that one to another manufacturer. I wonder why they aren't selling the .45 and 10mm versions. If you're only going to make the one model I guess 9mm makes sense but there's plenty of people that like .45 and 10mm.
Bullzaye

Post by Bullzaye »

If anyone wants to buy an Extar EP-9...they're in stock, RIGHT NOW, on their website! Good luck!
Robert1234

Post by Robert1234 »

image.jpg
Bullzaye

Post by Bullzaye »

Robert1234 wrote: November 13th, 2020, 10:06 pmimage.jpg
Yeah. My understanding is that they only last for maybe an hour on their site, before they've all (however many they actually might be listing at any given moment) been sold.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Bullzaye wrote: November 14th, 2020, 1:29 am
Yeah. My understanding is that they only last for maybe an hour on their site, before they've all (however many they actually might be listing at any given moment) been sold.
If that, A few months ago(before all the Covid crazy)I have stalked the site for weeks trying to catch one and every time see it come up in stock it’s gone before I can get the order form done. I finally gave up as I don’t have time to stalk a website forever to place a damn order. I would be find placing a back order and wait my turn.
Bullzaye

Post by Bullzaye »

rockbronco wrote: November 14th, 2020, 9:06 am
Bullzaye wrote: November 14th, 2020, 1:29 am
If that, A few months ago(before all the Covid crazy)I have stalked the site for weeks trying to catch one and every time see it come up in stock it’s gone before I can get the order form done. I finally gave up as I don’t have time to stalk a website forever to place a damn order. I would be find placing a back order and wait my turn.
Just put your email address on their site. They'll email you when they're in stock, and assuming you see the email quickly (keep watching your phone), you can order one fairly easily. Just have the FFL picked out, and know what CC you're using, etc. It's actually pretty simple.
dsgrntldPW22

Post by dsgrntldPW22 »

What Bullzaye said. Signed up and was notified a couple weeks later, and bought one.
pointside

Post by pointside »

dsgrntldPW22 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 10:40 pm What Bullzaye said. Signed up and was notified a couple weeks later, and bought one.
Exactly, BUT...I was able to order one fairly easily in September on the first try. A friend repeatedly responded to the "now in stock" email within 10-15 minutes and still couldn't get it ordered fast enough. Luckily last week on his 4th or 5th try the order went through. Crazy how fast they sell out.

I added this foregrip to mine as well as a QD sling and red-dot scope. Really nice setup for around $550 total.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/magpul-afg ... egrip.html
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

pointside wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 3:17 pm
dsgrntldPW22 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 10:40 pm What Bullzaye said. Signed up and was notified a couple weeks later, and bought one.
Exactly, BUT...I was able to order one fairly easily in September on the first try. A friend repeatedly responded to the "now in stock" email within 10-15 minutes and still couldn't get it ordered fast enough. Luckily last week on his 4th or 5th try the order went through. Crazy how fast they sell out.

I added this foregrip to mine as well as a QD sling and red-dot scope. Really nice setup for around $550 total.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/magpul-afg ... egrip.html
That’s been my experience lately as well. Can’t seem to manage to get it timed right
veeskeys

Post by veeskeys »

their ordering system sucks, but i think they are made/sold per order etc