Extar EP9

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Extar EP9

Post by knockonit »

LOL, free is right, sobs musta shot a hundy rounds in the name of making a unit run, and setting up dot optics, hehe, yeah fun day was had, ammo no big deal, i got lots, heheh, everything went as planned, except that extar, its ok, but not sure i'll be putting a long wait item on it for a long time,

happy hump day smuckettes
Rj

YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I'm wondering about the validity of "free ammo".

Now, if testing is required bring the ammo and let's do this!

I don't see no stinking Extar EP9 in that picture. Kind of like those unicorns.

Peeees on your targets you filthy shooters

20210407_085859.jpg
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

all i saw was asses
delta6

Post by delta6 »

knockonit wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:14 pm all i saw was asses
HMMM....

Asses????
Donk 1.jpg
OR :confusion-confused:

Asses????
RJ & T shooting 4-7-2021.jpg
:greetings-clappingorange: :happy-partydance: :laughing-rofl: :happy-jumpyellow: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :greetings-wavingyellow: :greetings-waveyellow: :greetings-wavegreen: :flags-usa:
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I took my Extar out again today.
I had no problems at all with it.
It shot everything I put in it without a single problem.
I have to say it is a fun gun to shoot.
I really like it.
Everyone that shot it liked it.
Now they all want one.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

They seem to be pumping them out at a good rate. I get emails once a week that there in stock. Mine seems to running fine with the right ammo. But I'd like it to run with all ammo. I ordered another recoil spring to swap in and try. But they suggested leaving the bolt open to weaken the spring lol.
Limper
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Limper »

I finally decided to purchase one of these when the "in Stock" email notification tempted me recently. Picked it up Monday from Glockmeister ($25 transfer fee for CCW holders) and took it to the range this morning to sight it in.

I am very pleased with it. I slapped on some iron sights, a Magpul angled grip, and a sling QD (fits on rear of receiver) then got to shootin. Zeroed it at 100 yards (+2" at 50 and 70 yards, approx -30" at 200). I put a total of 200 rounds of Freedom Munitions 115gr, and 124 gr S&B, Norma, and Geco through it with one failure to feed ~ 150 rounds into the session. I used a variety of mags (Glock, PMAG, ETS) and they all work well. The one failure occurred with an ETS mag but I probably put 100 other rounds through two ETS mags with no issue. The PMAG and ETS dropped free easy and the one Glock mag I used fit a little tighter and did not drop free readily. The LRBHO was nice.

It was surprisingly soft shooting and gave acceptable accuracy with the flip up iron battle sights. Besides being fun the EP-9 would be great for smaller stature folks (kids) and as an AR trainer since it is lightweight, has the same basic controls/ergonomics as an AR, and is not intimidating to shoot for a newbie.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

FYI, they are kinda slow to resolve issues.
rj
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well as i never really got any solution to issue, nor a huge amount of support, finally went my own direction and fingered it out, of course with the help of ynotaz, and delta6, and since it was a few months since we kinda fingered the issue, wasn't until today that the resolution arrived.

so we figured out the flash hider and or the barrel was threaded incorrectly and created a shaved pc of bullet on exiting, took a bit to finger it, but with three bozos ruminating on it, the idea came to the top.

so immediately after we considered this issue, i ordered a new hider, birdcage type, and threw it on the unit, and since desert was closed to shootin, it was not till today it was or is resolved. Am so glad as i had purchased this to essentially be a suppressor host, and after finding it couldn't hit crapola consistantly well, was determined to get it resolved or send it back which almost happened.

so today, ran maybe 80 rounds thru it and with the Sparc red dot , it nailed it so. KEEPER .

happy tuesday
Rj